Goooood Morning POAaaaa!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Time to rise and shine! It is Saturday! Grab the 409 and rags and time to clean your belly! :rofl:

Get yourself out of bed and get to the airport! Find a local flyin breakfast or go get a $300 burger! You must actually leave the pattern! Scary huh? :hairraise:

Don't have a license? I don't need excuses, I need doers! Drop and give me 20 pushups and then get out to the airport and ask for a ride! :mad2:

Don't have a plane? Start flapping your wings magot! :rofl: Get your sorry excuse for a butt to the aeroport and look around for an open hangar where some one is working on their plane. Duh! They just might let you go up and get some stick time! Do I have to explain everything to you? I am not your momma! :rofl:

I think I need to switch to decaf. :idea:

Good morning POA. :redface:

Last edited:
Too much "MAIL CALL". Channeling R LEE ERMEY? Just watched the new GEIGO commercial?
Dude, you have to relax!

3:45 wake up. 4:45 taxi. Taxi is :45 late soo, 5:35 show with 5:45 wheels up. Plane is broke. Company cancels trip. 6:30 back at hotel. 7:08 post to PoA. I'm going back to bed. Too much aviation for me today...

Hope you guys do better.

Oughtta go fly, gotta go work. Nice day.

Make it a GREAT weekend, PilotWorld!

My plane is still in annual. At least they found the parts.

Flying with friend in Rosy... Some straight and level and some acro :)

First have to leave the area because the CAP is doing SAR mountain training here this weekend and they are everywhere.

What a great day and it isn't even noon. Headed out to the local EAA Chapter breakfast and met up with my fling buds & budettes. We like to go to flyins across the state and area even over nighters. Started planning this year's OSH and several others.

Just a damn good day to be alive!

What a great day and it isn't even noon. Headed out to the local EAA Chapter breakfast and met up with my fling buds & budettes. We like to go to flyins across the state and area even over nighters. Started planning this year's OSH and several others.

Just a damn good day to be alive!

Today's going to be a good day. :D

Was at Colorado CAP Wing Conference all day. Explaining changes coming for our radio systems later this year at a 08:30 briefing.

Then a two hour work troubleshooting call that came down to... "Tell the client they have the wrong URL saved in a bookmark on one of their PCs."

Sigh. Haha. Oh well. Was cool to stand and applaud the kids from Colorado Springs who won first place out of over 600 teams on the National CyberPatriot contest last month.

Tomorrow the weather looks great! Flying sounds good. Then lawn mowing.

LOL. Got this a day late- but this is great.

All my best,
Matt

Don't have a license? I don't need excuses, I need doers! Drop and give me 20 pushups and then get out to the airport and ask for a ride! :mad2:

Don't have a plane? Start flapping your wings magot! :rofl: Get your sorry excuse for a butt to the aeroport and look around for an open hangar where some one is working on their plane. Duh! They just might let you go up and get some stick time! Do I have to explain everything to you? I am not your momma! :rofl:

So would you be willing to give a complete stranger a ride that just showed up at your hangar?

Flying with friend in Rosy... Some straight and level and some acro :)

First have to leave the area because the CAP is doing SAR mountain training here this weekend and they are everywhere.
uh-oh...:lol:

After they cleaned the belly of the plane, swept the hangar, and bought me lunch, yes. :D

I wish this were the case where I live. I have tried the "go hang around the airport" idea. The least friendly group of people I have met. I tried the "join the local eaa chapter" idea, same response. If your not already "in the club" not much time for you. I have read soooo many posts on this board about people really helping newbies, and that keeps my hopes up. But the local aviation community is less than accommodating or helpful.

After they cleaned the belly of the plane, swept the hangar, and bought me lunch, yes. :D
Not sure I want to be hanging around the hangars... I think that would look suspicious and aren't we supposed to report suspicious people hanging around the GA airports?

Not sure I want to be hanging around the hangars... I think that would look suspicious and aren't we supposed to report suspicious people hanging around the GA airports?
Only if you buy into that crap. If I see someone hanging around I go have a conversation with them. Maybe take them flying.

If I go have a conversation with them -- and I notice they're carrying a Terrorist 101 book..then I might not ask them to go flying with me.

I wish this were the case where I live. I have tried the "go hang around the airport" idea. The least friendly group of people I have met. I tried the "join the local eaa chapter" idea, same response. If your not already "in the club" not much time for you. I have read soooo many posts on this board about people really helping newbies, and that keeps my hopes up. But the local aviation community is less than accommodating or helpful.

Man........... That is a shame, maybe we need to round up a posse and show all the GA pilots in the area to right way to present themselves... I have found aviators to be some of the friendliest people on earth..... Now, horse people can get rather "interesting".:wink2::yikes::mad:

Yep! Stay on the porch, take up knitting or woodworking, maybe cross word puzzles, but you are right.... please stay away from airports. If you see a hangar open please call 911 on your way home.

I never have taken "no" for an answer when I want something. But then again, you know it all. :no:

Yep! Stay on the porch, take up knitting or woodworking, maybe cross word puzzles, but you are right.... please stay away from airports. If you see a hangar open please call 911 on your way home.

I never have taken "no" for an answer when I want something. But then again, you know it all. :no:
Was thinking about hanging around your hangar with a bottle of 409 ready to go to work. If only it wasn't for that long commute. (And I sure hope I haven't come across as a know it all - Just asking as many questions as I can and learn something in the process)

At least in my case, I may modify your suggestion and show up at the EAA meeting with a bottle of 409. Since I have yet to visit the EAA chapter, that may produce a great opportunity to meet a few of the local pilots.

I have visited the local CAP chapter and their pilots are all very friendly. I even helped clean their planes on one such visit. Had a blast and learned some things while I was at it.

Was thinking about hanging around your hangar with a bottle of 409 ready to go to work. If only it wasn't for that long commute. (And I sure hope I haven't come across as a know it all - Just asking as many questions as I can and learn something in the process)

At least in my case, I may modify your suggestion and show up at the EAA meeting with a bottle of 409. Since I have yet to visit the EAA chapter, that may produce a great opportunity to meet a few of the local pilots.

I have visited the local CAP chapter and their pilots are all very friendly. I even helped clean their planes on one such visit. Had a blast and learned some things while I was at it.

They actually let you clean a CAP plane without having you having to wear the "military monkey" suit .:dunno::hairraise::lol:

They actually let you clean a CAP plane without having you having to wear the "military monkey" suit .:dunno::hairraise::lol:
I was able to help clean. However, since I was not a member, I was not allowed to ride in it. They didn't make me wear the flight suit, but I don't mind the military clothing. Reminds me of my time in the service.

Check. Deodorant. ;)

Check. Deodorant. ;)

First thing i checked.....deo-check, good attitude-check, friendly smile-check. Dunno what it is????? I really do believe that this is an anomoly and not the norm everywhere. I think I may try again using the just show up at the hanger and offer to help idea.

would it be helpful if I wear my " I AM NOT A TERRORIST" T-shirt?

Back