Googled a customer, and found a cool photo of their business

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I got an order to be shipped to Lockhart Ford in Lockhart, TX. To be sure I had the correct shipping info, I googled their name and found a super cool photo of their business... from 1927!

Not many local businesses can brag they have been around that long.

And check out their neighbor. Selling mules and horses.

1927-store.jpg

And you thanked them by bolding their birth year in pink?

That is cool, though.

I'd like one of those cool trucks! By '27, wooden wheels were gone, and that's specifically what I want to avoid.

I got an order to be shipped to Lockhart Ford in Lockhart, TX. To be sure I had the correct shipping info, I googled their name and found a super cool photo of their business... from 1927!

Not many local businesses can brag they have been around that long.

Many car dealerships can. They are usually passed down hereditarily, like titles of nobility or something. Franchise laws vary state-to-state, and often have strong protection for franchisees. Car dealers are also historically well-embedded in the local political process. Take Tesla's experience in NJ as an example -- Tesla is forbidden from selling their cars in NJ directly to consumers. Then think back to the GM implosion -- it literally took Federal government intervention to allow GM to thin their dealer network and drop some dealers.

And check out their neighbor. Selling mules and horses.

Now something good to be said for their business accumen -- It very well might have been the same people involved. If you're in the transportation business and the paradigm shifts, you can move with it or get left behind.

I like the guy on the horse... I guess that was still a viable form of transportation.

Back