Google search cache

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
OK, I give up. Where does Google store the list of past searchs? I deleted all temp internet files and all cookies. Still get the full list of the last several months of searchs. Nothing I need to hide :rolleyes: just getting messy. This is straight google, I haven't loaded the google took bar or anything local. At least that I know about.

Thanks

ejensen said:
OK, I give up. Where does Google store the list of past searchs? I deleted all temp internet files and all cookies. Still get the full list of the last several months of searchs. Nothing I need to hide :rolleyes: just getting messy. This is straight google, I haven't loaded the google took bar or anything local. At least that I know about.

Thanks
Are you talking about in the google search window? If so, that is controlled by the autocomplete feature. What internet browser do you use?

In IE - you can erase all those entries by holding your mouse over the box (after clicking to make all entries appear) and hold delete until all entries are deleted.

If you want to delete ALL autocomplete entries, not just the ones in google, go to Tools>>Internet Options>>Content tab>>Autocomplete>>Clear forms.

In Firefox - simply do the same thing as IE, except you will need to hold down shift and delete at the same time. If you want to delete ALL saved form entries, not just the ones in google, go to Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Saved Form Tab>>Clear saved form data now.

FWIW, in Firefox, you can "Clear personal data" and can specify if you want Firefox to delete those saved form entries when you select that feature/button/tool item.

Thanks much, that was it. Since I only saw in Google window I didn't think of the browser. Someone turn on autocomplete.

Back