Google News...

glpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GLPilot
Seems like the worst thing you can do, (or maybe a good thing to do depending on how you look at it) is go to news.google.com and search for plane crash. Is there ever a day there's not a news story on an "single engine" or "cessna" or "had engine trouble" story of an accident?

BAH!! (this vent is brought on by a conversation with my wife LOL) :dunno:

glpilot said:
Seems like the worst thing you can do, (or maybe a good thing to do depending on how you look at it) is go to news.google.com and search for plane crash. Is there ever a day there's not a news story on an "single engine" or "cessna" or "had engine trouble" story of an accident?

BAH!! (this vent is brought on by a conversation with my wife LOL) :dunno:

Shoot just look at the NTSB site. There is probably 3 or 4 crashes everyday and a fatality a couple of times a week. Too bad they do not have a site like that for car accidents though. How many fatalities a day for cars?? Lots!!

smigaldi said:
Shoot just look at the NTSB site. There is probably 3 or 4 crashes everyday and a fatality a couple of times a week. Too bad they do not have a site like that for car accidents though. How many fatalities a day for cars?? Lots!!

I dunno, but it sure would help in this conversation.

glpilot said:
I dunno, but it sure would help in this conversation.

Thank you Google average in the US is 117 fatalities/day in vehicle accidents

Allan Williams, the Institute's chief scientist, points out that "while more deaths do occur on some of the holidays, the toll of fatalities is relentless every day, all year long." The average during 1986-2002 was 117 deaths per day.

smigaldi said:
Thank you Google average in the US is 117 fatalities/day in vehicle accidents

THATS IT!! I am selling my car.

What link did you grab that data from by the way?

Back