Goodyear off-field landing goes OK for Diamond

21st Century "journalism" = 1. Copy press releases and tweets from government agencies. 2. Google a couple of unfamiliar words and terms. 3. Copy and paste results, whether or not relevant to the story.

:rolleyes:

As I hear it may have been a student on his first solo, good work keeping the shiny side up!

More correctly, the off-field landing went well for the pilot. The Diamond, not so much.

Fly over to Goodyear sometimes...always looking at those fields as good options for engine out landing. Much better options there than at my home field of Deer Valley lol

Fly over to Goodyear sometimes...always looking at those fields as good options for engine out landing. Much better options there than at my home field of Deer Valley lol
Oh yeah... An engine out on takeoff from runway 21 at KSDL is the stuff of nightmares. DVT, by comparison, has lots of options. If you don't mind the 101 or 17...

21st Century "journalism" = 1. Copy press releases and tweets from government agencies. 2. Google a couple of unfamiliar words and terms. 3. Copy and paste results, whether or not relevant to the story.

:rolleyes:
"Cessna"

That's only half tongue in cheek. Even after the off-airport landing at JYO yesterday was established to be a Somex the headline on the local Fox TV affiliate website said "Cessna crash lands near Leesburg".

Oh yeah... An engine out on takeoff from runway 21 at KSDL is the stuff of nightmares. DVT, by comparison, has lots of options. If you don't mind the 101 or 17...

I did all my PPL training at KSDL...so I can understand that one as well. KDVT wouldn't be a big deal, but in my Cherokee 140 on a warm/hot day with two people and 36 gallons of fuel I am a slowww climber. I can't climb fast enough for the I-17 to be a viable option, I'd have to shoot for one of the smaller side streets.

Back