Goodbye, Dad...

Sorry about your loss, Brian.

That was a well written tribute.

I hope that writing it helped you with dealing with it.

Brian,
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you and your family strength in the times ahead and remind you to remember those lessons and times shared with your Dad....they will bring a comfort to you.
Your words touched home when you spoke of the projects and the motivation. I lost my Dad 8 years this April, and it seems like yesterday. To some it may seem odd but we were best friends, always. From our many days on the baseball field starting at the age of 7 to long nights at the key on ham radio, under the hood of a car, working on the house hanging drywall and the list could go on. He taught me to be the man I am today. I gave his eulogy, it was a first for me, and I too wrote/read a letter to express myself and read a poem that a good friend had wrote about him. I still have both.....tucked away behind a picture frame with the poem hanging here in the house.

Brian and Elizabeth,

Always treasure those special memories and the times they truly made you laugh. You will catch yourself using a phrase they used often and it will put a good feeling in your heart and a smile on your face. I always say to myself its my Pop watching over me.....

Mary and I will keep both of you in our prayers.

EHITCH said:
Brian,
Right there with you, my dad died January 3rd. Hang on, things do get better. Elizabeth
Gosh, Elizabeth, sorry to hear about YOUR dad, too! It's been over ten years since I lost my dad, but I still think about him often, bless his heart.

This is one of the reasons I haven't been on the Board as much lately. I lost my Father-in-law in November, then my dad passed away while I was out at his place in San Diego on December 30th. Just didn't realize how much those two men meaned to me. Always thought they'd be there as they always had been.

Brian, sounds like your dad was much younger. I'm sorry you didn't get more time with him; It's the one consolation I have with my dad. Both my dad and father-in-law were 86 and I had many good times and a lot of years with them.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
This is one of the reasons I haven't been on the Board as much lately. I lost my Father-in-law in November, then my dad passed away while I was out at his place in San Diego on December 30th. Just didn't realize how much those two men meaned to me. Always thought they'd be there as they always had been.

Brian, sounds like your dad was much younger. I'm sorry you didn't get more time with him; It's the one consolation I have with my dad. Both my dad and father-in-law were 86 and I had many good times and a lot of years with them.

Best,

Dave

Dave,

sorry to hear that. :(

bill

My deepest sympathies as well.

I haven't been on here much lately; it sure is nice to see such a beautiful outpouring of support from such wonderful people. I am not surprised one bit.

Best to all,
-Rich

Dave Siciliano said:
This is one of the reasons I haven't been on the Board as much lately. I lost my Father-in-law in November, then my dad passed away while I was out at his place in San Diego on December 30th. Just didn't realize how much those two men meaned to me. Always thought they'd be there as they always had been. Dave
Aw, geez - this is just been a horrible season, sounds like!

Dave, I'm sorry for your losses, buddy - keep to your friends and family, let 'em help.

Brian;
I'm sorry for your loss. You've written a wonderful tribute to him, and I hope in doing so, it's helped. You had a good relationship with him and some good memories.

Brian, I have read and reread your letter to your father. I am very deeply moved by how you expressed your profound love for your father. It is hard for me to know the right words to say but I would think he already knew what you wanted to tell him.

Dave S, I have always looked forward to reading your posts, even (especially?) your mercy trips for friends and family. You have allowed us a glimpse into your life. My condolences to you and your family. Ever since I read your post on the red board ($100 hamburger) I have prayed that you would be comforted. My hope is that has been already answered.

Dunno if Brian is still around here, but it turns out he was way ahead of his time in monitoring Dad:

...In the general scheme of life, parents are the ones who keep tabs on the children. But now, a raft of new technology is making it possible for adult children to monitor to a stunningly precise degree the daily movements and habits of their aging parents.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/29/garden/29parents.html?_r=4

That's very sad news... but you were blessed; things did not work out so well between me and my father. When I heard of his passing, I mourned not what I'd lost, but what I never had.
It's hard to feel thankful at such a time, but you should give thanks... and it will certainly help you move on.

It is my belief that your father read the words as your were typing them.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I wonder how Brian is doing... we are coming up on the 5-year anniversary of his Dad's death.

Back