good videos of landing

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
I'm wondering if any of you know of any good videos of folks landing cessnas? As I recall I saw something posted by Jesse awhile back.....

Thats a great video! Some of those landings looked scary, and i'm surprised they ended as well as they did.

No, more like landings with a cockpit view - the pilot's view of the landing really is what I meant... those landings were quite something :)

Thanks fellas. Both of those sets of videos were really good. And, eMKay I though your learning landings were really not bad. Looks like your instructor was helping you in a good way.

I look forward to seeing more !!

eMKay, it also looked like the shimmy dampener on the nose strut of that plane is wigglesome :).........

eMKay, it also looked like the shimmy dampener on the nose strut of that plane is wigglesome :).........

I noticed no shimmy from the plane, it's actually my camera and tripod that was wigglesome that day

Oh, OK, just thought I heard some shimmy from the nosewheel which was why the CFI reminded you to keep it light... Nevermnd. Fun flying anyway!

Oh, OK, just thought I heard some shimmy from the nosewheel which was why the CFI reminded you to keep it light... Nevermnd. Fun flying anyway!

It will shimmy and has, but only when I'm too hard on the brakes.

I kinda like this cessna! (I'm going to guess Jeanie likes but its not really what she wants!)

Good one Dave. At first I thought that was the back of your head on the right side but then I heard them talking and knew it wasn't you - the accent was wrong :)

Why were the instruments flickering so badly? Surely, that's not normal.

Thanks, ya'll,........... Henning - why the 360 on downwind?

It was either that or fly way out across the lake for the Cirrus flying B-52 patterns.

Looked to be a lot of water around that airport too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Mcarlini and Dave :)

Pretty cool, eMKay......... I noticed that you tend to drift off to the left somewhat in the flare... could it be because you're using your left hand on the yoke and as you pull back your turning it ever so slightly? you might try moving your hand back and forth and concentrating on keeping it level... I mention that because I used to do that and we - my CFI and I - finally figured it out. When I worked to make sure my hand stayed level (I'm left handed too) it helped a lot. Just pondering out loud here - discuss it with your CFI.
He seems like he's really good from what I see and hear on the vids.

Pretty cool, eMKay......... I noticed that you tend to drift off to the left somewhat in the flare... could it be because you're using your left hand on the yoke and as you pull back your turning it ever so slightly? you might try moving your hand back and forth and concentrating on keeping it level... I mention that because I used to do that and we - my CFI and I - finally figured it out. When I worked to make sure my hand stayed level (I'm left handed too) it helped a lot. Just pondering out loud here - discuss it with your CFI.

We had a 5kt crosswind. Well maybe not a crosswind, the winds were 5-6kts from 120, not enough for me to have to slip or crab much, but enough to blow me off centerline.

Looking good eMKay, better than I was looking at your time!

We had a 5kt crosswind. Well maybe not a crosswind, the winds were 5-6kts from 120, not enough for me to have to slip or crab much, but enough to blow me off centerline.

Oh. Well, then, there ya go! I think your landings are good and thanks again for posting them! :yes:

Here are some more, once you get past my engine out intro.

http://youtu.be/vBlMxA_CcyY?hd=1

Nice work eMKay. I love watchin' your videos. Takes me back to 1991 and 1992... :)

Oh lord... that just made me realize I'll be licensed 20 years this time next year. First flight, Feb 1st, 1991. Private Pilot, May 19th, 1992.

Has it really been 19 years? :( Sigh...

Nice video eMKay, really takes me back as well. I remember first learning those forward slips, they were (are!, apparently i'm a "slipper" lol) fun!

Today with no crosswind I was doing the exact same thing, drifting left! I'm left handed, maybe that has something to do with it too? Anyway now that I'm aware of it I can correct it. I have some more landings to post today, different camera, I got a GoPro but the audio is terrible. I need to use it without the case cause you can't hear us talk.

Today with no crosswind I was doing the exact same thing, drifting left! I'm left handed, maybe that has something to do with it too? Anyway now that I'm aware of it I can correct it. I have some more landings to post today, different camera, I got a GoPro but the audio is terrible. I need to use it without the case cause you can't hear us talk.

Do you look off to the left as you bring the nose up, or do you keep your eyes pointed ahead. Where your vision goes, so will you.

I "try" and bring my eyes up to the end of the runway as I flare. I say try because I don't do it every time. When I don't, I plonk it, when I do I flare right but usually end up left no matter what.

I "try" and bring my eyes up to the end of the runway as I flare. I say try because I don't do it every time. When I don't, I plonk it, when I do I flare right but usually end up left no matter what.
Is your head tilted to the left? If not, try a liitle right.

There's "leaners" and "squared" people. I sit square. My wife's a leaner.

Steep turns to the right are fun since I can give her a hard time about pushing up against my shoulder. Awww. ;)

Back