Good use of tutition dollars?

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I did not expect this local turn of events on the tower closure problem.

http://engineering.osu.edu/news/2013/03/statement-faa-decision-ohio-state-university-airport

I just graduated from OSU this past December and I did not fly in their program. I have used the airport with other organizations. It is busy at times but funding it through May does not protect the flight students throughout the summer when the majority of training occurs.

My concern is that public universities are hurting for cash anyways. Tuition keeps rising. The President of the University almost went through with a plan to sell the airport last year. The University did SELL rights to run the parking lots and garages to an Australian company for $460 million and 50 years.

I want to see the control towers remain open but I am afraid the students in the end will be penalized further. It is only a band-aid anyways.

There has to be some benefit the University sees to do this other than what the press release states.

Am I wrong here for being concerned about this or is it the right thing for the University to do?

Thoughts?

David

Back