Good Time at the Grand Strand (kcre)

eric_ocean

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
osprey1
what a great time down at the Grand Strand, .....north myrtle beach sure is growing...if you ever get time stop by CRE the folks there at ramp 66 are great people...caution on ole' Grumpy the controller, there is really no making him happy....just be ready...lol....anyhoo....fine place and near all the right stuff...take care ...till then
e

Eric...I talked with Herve last night and he said you guys went down there. Sounds like a GREAT TIME!!!!! KCRE is a lot of fun.

yeah....did he tell you about that massive cross wind?....90 degress off and gusting 25....took 1.1 to get there and 30 to get back...lol...ahead of that front.....e

.if you ever get time stop by CRE the folks there at ramp 66 are great people...

Seconded. A golf cart led me to an unloading area, they had the running rental car parted next to the plane before I could get the baggage offloaded, and then gave me a hand loading the car.

When we departed, we were given the gate code to drive the car right to the plane, loaded and a line guy went and turned in the car for me.

GOOD PEOPLE!!! I'll be back!

yeah...lol...i look over and i thought i saw ....a bead of sweat....lol....
e

Seconded. A golf cart led me to an unloading area, they had the running rental car parted next to the plane before I could get the baggage offloaded, and then gave me a hand loading the car.

When we departed, we were given the gate code to drive the car right to the plane, loaded and a line guy went and turned in the car for me.

GOOD PEOPLE!!! I'll be back!

Whad'd you do for a rental car down there? I'm down there in June, and am planning my usual Enterprise rental.

Jim G

Whad'd you do for a rental car down there? I'm down there in June, and am planning my usual Enterprise rental.

Ramp 66 has their own rental cars, we got a brand new Fusion V6 for something like $46/day unlimited mileage. Had maybe 400mi on the odo.

Nice car, decent price, good service, I'll be back.

http://www.ramp66.com/index.htm

Oh, they take car reservations.

Last edited:
Ramp 66 has their own rental cars, we got a brand new Fusion V6 for something like $46/day unlimited mileage. Had maybe 400mi on the odo.

Nice car, decent price, good service, I'll be back.

http://www.ramp66.com/index.htm

Oh, they take car reservations.

Thanks for the pirep. Unfortunately, I can beat their numbers through Enterprise for a week there, so I'll stick with them. I was wondering how they'd deal with Enterprise, since they do their own rentals. Doesn't really matter, as Enterprise is right off the field. A very short walk.

Jim G

Thanks for the pirep. Unfortunately, I can beat their numbers through Enterprise for a week there, so I'll stick with them.

I only needed a car for two days, and they beat Enterprise :dunno: Go figure.

Back