Good recommendation, Greg....

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
...to visit Sunrise Aviation. Thanks!

Had my first tailwheel lesson in the decathalon today. What a hoot! Knew it wouldn't be easy, but I sure felt like a first-timer on the ground. But like they say, once in the air, it's all the same....yeah, right :p What happened to my AI and my DG?!?!?!? Damn compass keeps turning the wrong way! And shoot, just a touch of pressure on the stick, and I'm off in another direction. Man, I had fun!!!!!!

The folks at Sunrise Aviation were great.....friendly and laid back. Even met an instructor who used to fly out of Leesburg. It's sure going to make my CA stint in the fall a little more bearable as I try to nail that endorsement.

Kaye

Kaye said:

Had my first tailwheel lesson in the decathalon today. What a hoot! Knew it wouldn't be easy, but I sure felt like a first-timer on the ground. But like they say, once in the air, it's all the same....yeah, right :p What happened to my AI and my DG?!?!?!? Damn compass keeps turning the wrong way! And shoot, just a touch of pressure on the stick, and I'm off in another direction. Man, I had fun!!!!!!

The folks at Sunrise Aviation were great.....friendly and laid back. Even met an instructor who used to fly out of Leesburg. It's sure going to make my CA stint in the fall a little more bearable as I try to nail that endorsement.

Kaye

Way to go, Kay! For some reason I thought you already had the TW endorsement. Have fun! I know you will.

Go, Kaye! You're going to love it. After a while you'll see you'll become less and less dependent on the instruments. You'll fly by sound and feel and just looking out the front. Have fun.

Kaye said:

Kaye

Kaye,

Glad you had fun. I did my private, instrument and basic aerobatics there.
Who was your instructor?

greg

river_rat said:
Kaye,

Glad you had fun. I did my private, instrument and basic aerobatics there.
Who was your instructor?

greg

Ron Rapp was my CFI. He's relatively new, but confident enough to stay off the controls unless I was really going to get us in trouble or I asked for help.

Back