Good places to fly in NJ

Arun

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Aryank2000
any good places to fly in NJ..

47N is nice. Nice people and has a good restaurant at the end of the road conected to the airport.

3N6 has a drag race strip right next to the airport. It has events going on the weekends. (the drag strip is parallel-ish to the runway so make sure your actually landing at the airport)

Blairstown has a glider club and a restaurant at the field.

FWN has sky diving and a diner.

Used to train at Burlington County airport when I was in the McGuire Aero Club, now South Jersey Regional I think. Nearby was Flying W, but it was closed when I was there in 74-77. Looks cool now though.

http://www.flyingwairport.com/

Last edited:
i mean places to fly in for food or sightseeing

+1 on Cape May. Cab to an historic shore town with some very good restaurants. Aviation museum on the airport, too.

26N (Ocean City) has a nice cafe on the field, but IMO the more interesting attraction is the short walk to the boardwalk along the ocean shore

12N, Aeroflex Andover is on the edge of Kittatiny State Forest Park. Picnic areas with barbecue grills, hiking trails, and a small lake (no boat rentals, though).

39N, Princeton. A cab to downtown Princeton. Walk the striking University Campus and town. Excellent restaurants, as well.

N40, Sky Manor has an on-field restaurant that is a cut above the standard airport cafe and a pleasant setting. Lots of plane traffic on weekends and picnic tables provide good views of the runway. Restaurant attracts lots of drive-in traffic as well as fly-in.

N07, Lincoln Park is another airport with an on-field restaurant that is good enough to do most of its business via drive-ins. Patio provides good runway view. Not so much from inside seating.

N40 - Sky Manor. The restaurant is good and there are usually a bunch of airplanes out.

I've never seen anyone "good places" and "NJ" in the same sentence!

I'm kidding! Lots of good suggestions already. Have fun.

Andover Aeroflex is beautiful. I really like that little airport and the flight school there has a Stearman you can get lessons in. Hard to beat that.

It's funny seeing someone mention 3N6. I grew up around 1 mile from that airport and did my PPL there. It isn't really what I'd call a destination airport though, but it did get pretty packed for the NHRA Spring Nationals. One year there was a Seawind that showed up for the race. Also note that it isn't unusual for people to mistake the drag strip for the runway. There have been a few people over the years that mistakenly landed on the wrong strip of pavement.

If I remember right, the museum at Cape May used to have a McCulloch J-2 there, which was pretty cool to see in person.

Flying W (N14) has an airplane shaped pool on the airport.

There is a golf course right next to Trenton Robbinsville (N87), but I don't know anything about it.

Solberg is pretty close to Spruce Run Reservoir, which can be fun.

Haven't been in NJ for several years, but my top picks already mentioned... I think Blairstown was my favorite...(circa 1984)

Bader Field in Atlantic City, close to.....oh wait, the politicians closed it down.

What about Smithville? Great restaurant with adjacent airport. Been away from Jersey a long time and heard it's all shut down? Anyone know? If so a shame.

Back