Good place to rent in Tucson area

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
I'll be out there quite a bit, but my schedule won't permit me flying the mooney out very often (probably a one time thing just to do it, it's just not practical).

Anyway, looking at rentals and clubs out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I like flying just about anything, so a nice selection would be awesome, but honestly it'll be almost exclusively scenic flying so high wing and slow is probably best. Tail wheel is too much to ask, but would be awesome.

Oh, I have my glider rating too, so aero-tow or motor-glider is also on the table (but highly unlikely)

I know of none Salty. Only place I know of that has rentals is a flight school with a full schedule.

Looking at those tail numbers, that is the "rental" part of Double Eagle Aviation which is a flight school here.

Last edited:
:( Seems like Tucson would be a nice place to fly.

Call Roy, at Southwestern Aviation, in Benson ( 520-586-3262 ). Benson is close to Tucson.

It might be worth a call to Kelly's Aviation, at KRYN. She has a couple of 172s that she rents to some people, but I don't know if she's open to renting to new people or not. I know she's not taking new students any more, and my impression is that she's moving in the direction of doing less rather than more, but I don't know for sure.

Also, Mike Matthews is a CFI at Marana (KAVQ) -- I don't think he rents anything out for the most part, but if there were rentals to be had from Marana he would probably know who to call.

How about clubs or co-ownerships? I Might be willing to buy in to have something to fly when I’m there.

The only club I know of is based at KTUS.

https://www.azflyers.org/index.html

I know one guy who flies there, but we haven't talked all that much about it. I know he's been a member for some years, so he must think it's at least ok.

Nice planes. I’ll check them out. Thanks.

Back