Good News, Nope not yet.

comanche

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Comanche

From: Name removed to avoid further confusion However he heads up AOPA medic Assist
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 1:47 PM
To: Larry Letzer
Subject: RE: FAA

your case has been cleared so you should be receiving a new auth letter in a few days.

G

Was smiling all afternoon then I called the very nice lady at the FAA to see if I could get something Faxed or emailed. Her response to me in the nicest way possible, "What does he know that I do not? No, your case has not yet been cleared. Please call me Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) and hopefully I will have good news then." All I can think is he mixed me up with another AOPA member who does have a smile on his/her face.

Another way of putting this is like a guard telling a death row inmate. minutes before execution " The governor called,....

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... but it was a wrong number. ":mad2:

Or... if you're lucky he knows the Doc and the staffer doesn't have confirmation the Doc has already reviewed and approved...

Crossing fingers for you!

Or... if you're lucky he knows the Doc and the staffer doesn't have confirmation the Doc has already reviewed and approved...

Hadn't considered that. This is what I will be thinking or hoping all weekend. Thanks for the positive thoughts and good wishes.

LLL

Who at the FAA do you call to get information about a pending medical certificate? My SI is based on an annual eye exam that I easily passed in December. My AME confirmed weeks ago that they have the ophthalmologist's report but so far no letter.

Who at the FAA do you call to get information about a pending medical certificate? My SI is based on an annual eye exam that I easily passed in December. My AME confirmed weeks ago that they have the ophthalmologist's report but so far no letter.

Contact Dr Bruce or search for the phone number on this or the Red Board, he publishes it frequently in his advice to SI applicants to call.

Here is the telephone # to the medical certification branch. The lady answering the phone is really very friendly. She will help you if she can.

(405) 954-3261. Correct number. (405) 954-4821

Last edited:
Here is the telephone # to the medical certification branch. The lady answering the phone is really very friendly. She will help you if she can.

(405) 954-3261
Thanks. This is better than bugging Dr. Bruce or hunting in multiple threads in the medical forum.

Correction, This is a better number (405) 954-4821. Just looked on the site and verified that number on my cell phone. Call this one and you get that very nice lady.

Larry

Bingo according to the AOPA med assist guy he spoke personally with the Manager of the dept and my case has been cleared. HOOAH

Yay! Congrats.

I completely guessed at that, but Docs seem to have a serious and never to be trifled with, series of back-channels, all via non-recorded voice Comms that's only rivaled by how much time lawyers spend on the phone, also unrecorded other than exact time and day for billing purposes. ;)

(Which reminds me that I haven't heard from Spike in a while. ;) Ha!)

Patients, on the other hand, will be ignored unless their specific concern is in writing, because humans tend to give really bad diagnostic information about themselves, verbally. ;)

Nurses tend to have to figure it all out from charts in awful Doctor handwriting, or a quickly barked order if they're unlucky enough to have to deal with the Doc in person.

Or so my wife says, in private. Away from the Docs. ;) ;) ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back