Good News From my Home Drome

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
http://www.fortbendnow.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=53777&article-Sugar-Land-Council-Approves-99-New-T-Hangars-At-Airport%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_bullets&open=&

The part that surprises me is the building of "shell space for a future fixed-base operator". Right now, the City of Sugar Land owns the only FBO on the field in the main terminal, and I would have thought that they'd want to keep the monopoly. Hopefully the competition means better fuel prices and (dare I say) self-serve pumps?

http://www.fortbendnow.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=53777&article-Sugar-Land-Council-Approves-99-New-T-Hangars-At-Airport%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_bullets&open=&

The part that surprises me is the building of "shell space for a future fixed-base operator". Right now, the City of Sugar Land owns the only FBO on the field in the main terminal, and I would have thought that they'd want to keep the monopoly. Hopefully the competition means better fuel prices and (dare I say) self-serve pumps?

Don't assume anything. MLI - where I did my PPL - has Elliot Aviation as the only FBO on field. They got ludicrous with their fuel prices several years ago (before everyone started going through the roof). There are two clubs based there and both went to the airport commission to try to get SS fuel put in out by the south t-hangars. The commission, in their infinite wisdom, decided to allow Elliot to be the ones to put the tank farms down there. Both clubs commented how that defeated the purpose of having the SS in the first place. To settle ruffled feathers, Elliot decided to give a "discount" to the clubs if they bought and used a Phillips fuel credit card, which we did. It worked out that the 'discount' was offset by the 'new' fee that they charged to bring the fuel truck out to the hangar. Last I heard, Elliot had basically canceled any type of 'discount' for either club. Time to start another uprising I guess.

Back