good news/bad news

Dustin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sticks
Went in to work Friday, to be told that we were all being laid off. Also told that there were no positions across the field at the mother FBO. We will be out of a job next Friday, May 7.

Well, it turned out, thankfully, that there are 4 postitions open. I was able to grab the weekday shift, 6-2:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. I am still employed, WHEW! That one was close!

Had to do some quick thinking, and have figured out what to do with my kids through the summer, although when it comes fall, I will have to do some more work to keep my kids up here with me. At least I have all summer to think about it.

We will no longer have transient traffic coming over to us. Only base customers will be serviced. Part of the transition is a uniform change, we will be working for the mother company. Oh yeah, only myself and two others will be transferring, keeping our jobs.

It was a close call for me, but I do get to keep my job, although the shift I will be working makes it hard finding something to do with my kids while I work.

TripleSeven, when you come back to visit, come on over. We may not be able to sell you fuel, but I am sure you could taxi on over. Just say you are there to see a friend.

Sorry for the long post, this has been on my mind the whole weekend. This has hit me very hard.

Dustin

Dustin said:
Sorry for the long post, this has been on my mind the whole weekend. This has hit me very hard.

Glad to see you landed on your feet. Maybe you could bring the kids in the summer and let them earn by washing planes. If they're still little they'd be great at washing airplane bellys.;)

lancefisher said:
Glad to see you landed on your feet. Maybe you could bring the kids in the summer and let them earn by washing planes. If they're still little they'd be great at washing airplane bellys.;)

Great idea! Child labor, minimum overhead, no wages paid out, total profit for me. Cool.:goofy:

Back