Good Luck Brook (HPNFlyGirl)

Y

You go girl

I heard it through the grapevine that Brook (HPNFlyGirl) is taking her checkride this weekend.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Just remember...your CFI wouldn't have given you the sign off if he didn't think you could do it.

Good luck!

Good luck Brook. Now maybe we can meet for supper somewhere in the middle!
Kick some butt but be sure to RELAX.

Awwww thank you everyone. Ok so MOST of my checkride is complete. I didn't get to finish it though. :( It was ok though becasue I ended up getting sick. Sigh. So now I get to finish up SOON!!!!! Its not that BAD really.

couldnt get back any sooner? that sucks. how much do you have left?

Engine outs. He said after the unusual attitude recovery (I swear to you he put us in a spin) he said I looked like I was going to puke. So he called it a day. Ya know I wouldn't want to fly back in a puked in plane. Heh.

Way to Go Brook.......a quick trip for the engines out then you will have the white slip in hand!!! Wow, 4 hours of flying...I would be beat!

Well congrats on getting through 99 and 44/100 of it. The last little bit should be no sweat. 4 hours of flying is a lot. I know I would be beat. Take a rest, pat yourself on the back for doing so well and now you got just a wee bit more to go.

when you get a chance to decompress a little tell us all about it.

Well congrats on getting through 99 and 44/100 of it. The last little bit should be no sweat.

Yeah, and then she'll have an Ivory-colored slip. :rofl:

4 hours of flying is a lot.

Most training I ever did in one day: 7.2. (Solo XC, Long solo XC, plus all of the night training.)

Most GA flying in one day: 8.8. EFD (Houston, TX) -> SIK -> RFD (stop and go, to make it count for my long commercial XC) -> MSN. Dunno if I could have done that without my Lightspeed Twenty 3G, or flying a less comfortable aircraft than the 182.

Sorry you didn't get to finish it up. It won't take long 'till you are a private pilot though. It will be a nice Christmas present to get...

Speaking of hanging in there, how is your husband doing?

Thanks for asking, Bill. He's hanging in there. Prognosis is still the same. He's handling that part ok, it's the ravages of chemo that really bring him down. He's taken time to pursue some hobbies that he had put off. The bummer part is that he doesn't have the strength to pursue them like he could have. :( But, all things considered, he's doing well.

Petra

:( But, all things considered, he's doing well.

That is good to know. Sometimes miracles do happen. January of 2002 Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, two types (can't remember the names), stage 4. Had half of each lung removed, has been on chemo since and has beat the odds. Looks to be in remission.

She's lived to see 5 grandchildren born (she had none at the time), and her onco docs say she'll likely be on chemo for the rest of her life. Hard life, but she's here.

I'll pray for you both.

Petra,
Glad to hear things are still reasonably well. You both are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Greg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back