Good for another two years (sort of)...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Flight physical yesterday. Walked out with a new 3rd class. Valid for 1 year.

A few interesting things at the AME's office.

1. My prostate cancer SI is history. :yes: It will be 5 years since the surgery this coming July and the AME was surprised I hadn't already gotten a letter from the FAA saying no need for it anymore. As he had to call the good folks at the northwest regional office about item 2 below he brought this up. They seem to be following prostate cancer for only 2 years now. No more SI, just make sure to report any future changes in status. :D

2. That kidney stone last summer is not an issue with the clear KUBs, but it now is the cause of annual issuances for my medical. Next year I'll need another letter from the urologist saying all is well, send the letter up to Renton and I'll get a new medical for a year. See the AME every 2 years.

3. Are you still carrying your SI letter with your medical? You don't need to anymore. The lawyers pointed out that requiring you to carry it is a violation of HIPAA. All you need to carry anymore is your medical. Put the letter in your files.

It was a pleasant hour. Of course, he's now learning to fly and is a member of our flying club, so the discussions weren't purely aeromedical.

Now to find some time to go fly.

Carrying your SI is a violation of HIPPA but the government wants to violate HIPPA in order to get mental health information in order to take guns away from people and prohibit people from buying them . . . .

I guess it just depends if your HIPPA information serves a purpose for the government . . . .

The Prostate for 2 years depends on a lot of things It remains 5 for everyone else, and they are writing a "CACI" for that, too.

If it succeeds we wil be able to issue prostate CA IN THE OFFICE< I hope it makes it....but who knows.
Stones- same way.
The biggie is Sleep Apnea. I don't see any relief there, however.

:O

The Prostate for 2 years depends on a lot of things It remains 5 for everyone else, and they are writing a "CACI" for that, too.

If it succeeds we wil be able to issue prostate CA IN THE OFFICE< I hope it makes it....but who knows.
Stones- same way.
The biggie is Sleep Apnea. I don't see any relief there, however.

:O

Not surprised about the "it depends" on the SI. No spread, PSA undetectable since the surgery, that sort of thing. Stones were issued in the office, but in consultation with regional after reviewing the records.

Thanks for all you do to help airmen. It really helps.

HIPAA does not apply to regulatory compliance issues. If the govt says you need to carry an SI letter, that does not conflict with HIPAA.

Tell me what the govt says, not what the non-govt lawyer says?

There is nothing in HIPAA that prevents compliance with govt directives or mandatory reporting requirements. Most arguments to the contrary come from people who have never actually read the law and the rules.

Lucky you. I found out I can't see worth spit, my blood pressure is high and I've shrunk.
Welcome to the club. TENURE is about the only thing that makes it bearable.....(as he goes off to teach Biology 11 for Humanists).

"Oh, and BTW professor- your NIH committee reduced you support by 20% due to the sequester"......sigh.....

Welcome to the club. TENURE is about the only thing that makes it bearable.....(as he goes off to teach Biology 11 for Humanists).

"Oh, and BTW professor- your NIH committee reduced you support by 20% due to the sequester"......sigh.....

Yeah, don't know how that'll play out at the NIH.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back