Good EAA Mag this month..

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
EAA Sport Aviation Magazine is going hand-in-hand with some of the recent discussions from here on PoA. One article discussing sailplanes, one telling the story of a 'powered' pilot choosing to get his glider rating, and another talking about buying an 'already built' homebuilt. I haven't read the 'Sailplane' article yet, but the articles about the homebuilt and glider rating were pretty interesting.

One thing I like about the EAA Magazine -- a lot of the content is written by Joe Pilot who is busy out puddle jumping across America like a lot of us here. I have a hard time staying interested in AOPA's articles because it seems that the writers are becoming distant from the everyday 'fly for fun' pilot. I'm not saying this is a bad thing - I know there are people out there that love AOPA Pilot (or it wouldn't still be in business) - but my preferences currently lean toward EAA Sport Aviation.

Check it out this month. Good read!

One article discussing sailplanes, one telling the story of a 'powered' pilot choosing to get his glider rating, and another talking about buying an 'already built' homebuilt. I haven't read the 'Sailplane' article yet, but the articles about the homebuilt and glider rating were pretty interesting.

It got me thinking I should give it a try. :goofy:

I gave up on AOPA. I just could not stand the advertizing and constant plea for more money. I miss the board but it was just not worth it.

Dan

It got me thinking I should give it a try. :goofy:

I gave up on AOPA. I just could not stand the advertizing and constant plea for more money.

Dan

Me too, my membership expired last month and I am not going to renew it, I am going back to EAA.

Back