Good Deal on a Big TV

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
This is not an advertisement. I don't sell TVs.

But, having seen some discussion here in the past about big, honkin' HDTVs, I thought I'd pass this one along. I liked it enough that I bought one this morning, so if it is not a deal, then I am the sucker. But I think it is a deal.

http://www.woot.com/

It's a 50" InFocus DLP, and it is the thin one (not real deep). What I like best about this (as opposed to most of the plasma and LCD deals now) is that it includes the HDTV tuner, which with most, you have to buy separately. It also has a built-in web browser and an ethernet port.

Finally, Woot ships for $5.00, no matter where you be.

I won't buy a TV unless I can do a side my side comparison of how sharp the picture is. I was walking through Best Buy the other day, and the Sony picture absolutely blew away a supposedly better DLP screen by Toshiba.

*clink*
*clink*

my friend just got the newest sony 60" .. i forget the model, but it just came out a couple weeks ago.

anyway, he had his eye on it for a while since they announced it was coming out. finally it came out and circuit city put it in their advertisements. they put the 60" for the price of the 50" though. ( about $1,000 less )

my friend knew it was a mis-print, but went there to see if they would honor it. they said no since they had already published corrections.

so then he took the ad to sears, and they called circuit city and said no, they could not match it cause it was a mis-print.

he then went to another sears. they matched it + 10 percent. so he saved $1,100.

Back