Good Day

Seanaldinho

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Yerp
Well I started off the day with a 45 minute glider flight climbing from 2500' to 3600' in a few minutes.

Then I get on the ground a guy offers me a flight in his Starduster. I thought it over real hard :rolleyes: and let him throw me in the front seat. So he takes off and we get 100' off the ground and he says "Your airplane, Im taking a nap."

We climb up to 3 or so and he says to try a few steep turns and get a feel for the plane. After that he flies us through a loop and said now your turn. God what a rush pulling that thing through. Level off build up a little more speed and around I take us again. Pretty cool looking straight down at the water :D

Then we do a few more manuevers and bring it back. What a rush! Ive been on aerobatic rides before but Ive never been the one doing the flying, It was 100X better.

I have a friend looking for partners in a pitts... :dunno:

Cool, I did my first and only aerobatics in a glider and it was half an hour of pure fun. They sent me the video too which I will now have to edit / upload to You Tube.

Cool, I did my first and only aerobatics in a glider and it was half an hour of pure fun. They sent me the video too which I will now have to edit / upload to You Tube.

I occasionnally partake in unusual attitudes while flying the glider. ;)

I video-taped that 45 minute flight and started to edit it and realized it was over my head. I did some very steep turns and a couple of parabolas for the sake of negative G's. Along with a spiraling dive (airbrakes out) once I had to get from 3400 feet to zero fairly quickly.

Still waiting... :D
And where's the write-up? :D

BTW, Seanaldhino, cool story... :D

Back