Good AMEs for Complex Aeromedical Consultation

T

That Guy Again

Hello Everyone. Its that 27 year old FO regional guy again with the tough home life. Sorry to be busting your chops again, but have a final question for this forum. Any recommendations for AMEs who deal with complex aeromedical issues in the central Florida area? I wanna see if I have a fighting chance.

So, this year, I got an anxiety and insomnia diagnosis code thrown on my record by my PCP. Why he did this, I'm uncertain, because I went in for some minor chest pain that kept me up for only 1-2 nights.

After talking with my PCP, he listed the insomnia code as "resolved" and the anxiety code was re-coded to "adjustment disorder with anxious mood". I researched and found out that adjustment disorders are issuable, but is this still the case if it was previously listed as anxiety? My PCP is very scared of liability and doesn't want to fill out letters explaining the situation, and even refused to fill out UNUM forms when I got the common cold and had to excuse myself from flying.

I also had a lot more doctor visits due to chest pain, which ultimately turned out to be harmless costochondritis. This is further reinforced by EKGs and blood tests affirming everything is in working order.

My medical isn't due until June, but I would like to get a head start as early as possible to deal with any hangups with the FAA, or at least to be able to look for an alternate job in the, now seemingly likely, event my medical gets pulled.

I know Jacksonville is not central, but If that works I know a guy that might be able to help.

Jack Hastings

he is a neurologist that specifically works aviation cases. He is a AME, but does not currently practice.

Maybe he can point you in the right direction
http://aerospaceneurology.com/

I'm also in central Florida. When I did my class 3, I found that the best thing to do was to drive to the Orlando airport, catch a flight to Chicago, and see Dr. Bruce, aka @bbchien .
Second this, but Bruce was in Peoria then. Got to kill a couple of hours in the Caterpillar museum, too.

Second this, but Bruce was in Peoria then. Got to kill a couple of hours in the Caterpillar museum, too.
I got a pilot friend and flew one January day to Peoria. Had a fine visit with Doc Bruce for my 3rd class SI, and we flew home that afternoon. Last 30 minutes in flurries, at night, VFR. I still get AmericInn emails from my trips there - 604 nauticals & well worth the effort!

I got a pilot friend and flew one January day to Peoria. Had a fine visit with Doc Bruce for my 3rd class SI, and we flew home that afternoon. Last 30 minutes in flurries, at night, VFR. I still get AmericInn emails from my trips there - 604 nauticals & well worth the effort!
Same here, but from Denver.

I'm also in central Florida. When I did my class 3, I found that the best thing to do was to drive to the Orlando airport, catch a flight to Chicago, and see Dr. Bruce, aka @bbchien .
Thanks for the suggestion! However, I was under the impression that Dr. Bruce Chien wasn’t accepting any more clients due to high demand.

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I was under the impression that Dr. Bruce Chien wasn’t accepting any more clients due to high demand.

I don't know whether he is or not. Bruce is retired from non-AME practice, runs a very small office, is a one-man show (not even a receptionist), and hence has to be a bit selective about how many cases he accepts and how complex they are. All you can do is ask.

Dr. Lou Fowler in Pensacola is also great, but I have no personal experience with him. He might have better availability.

I go from California to Chicago to see Dr. Bruce, if your career is at stake, I would think it would be worth your efforts to get there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back