Good airport Day

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Max Moseby was nice enough to meet me at the airport today and we started re-doing a fabric patch that we attempted last fall. The previous attempt was hurried and the end result showed that. We vowed to take our time, plus Max got some great experience recovering part of a Super Cub wing this winter. Matt Michael joined us in preparation for some fabric work on his Flybaby and we had a grand old time. The new patch looks GREAT! Once we finish the dope and paint it will be practically invisible. I am finally feeling competent enough to do patch work on my own which is a very good thing. Matt and I also put the new innertube on the tire so that is all good to go now. The old valve stem was all bent up so no wonder it wouldnt hold air. Actually managed to get a little flying in with a student, working on gusty crosswind landings. a great day overall, can't wait to finish up the patch tomorrow, will try to post some pictures, its going to be invisible!

Wow! You should cover the whole glider in that fabric, then you'd be stealth! :D :D :D

yea if i get it in for recover next winter im just going to wrap it in cellophane.

yea if i get it in for recover next winter im just going to wrap it in cellophane.

Well, that would make your common practice of flying nude headline news at the airport!

finished the patch today. both Max and I forgot our cameras. the fabric work looks wonderful, too bad we couldnt match the paint very well but oh well it still looks 10,000 times better than before.

haha of course sean. the patch is on the lower right portion of the nose. and its GOOD. even if it did tear off there is old fabric under it, but i dont fly nearly as fast as those cessna 140s! :)

haha of course sean. the patch is on the lower right portion of the nose. and its GOOD. even if it did tear off there is old fabric under it, but i dont fly nearly as fast as those cessna 140s! :)

Oh, heck, if it's just the nose, a little duct tape will do if anything happens to it. ;)

Back