Gonna be in Denver

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Tomorrow afternoon and most of Wednsday if anyone want to get together for lunch/dinner/drinks/eightballs/strippers....

I'm not back in town until late tomorrow night/Weds morning ... where are you going to be?

I'm not back in town until late tomorrow night/Weds morning ... where are you going to be?

Hotel near the airport. I probably won't be there till tomorrow afternoon and have a 16:30 flight to catch on the 30th. If you make it, my number is 954 608 8182.

Dinner tomorrow may work. Can't leave a fellow POAer stranded in Denver...although I'm sure Henning needs no help finding his way around town.

The real question: are you up for safety pilot duties? The Dakota finally flew again today and the only thing certain is that I'm out of practice...

Dinner tomorrow may work. Can't leave a fellow POAer stranded in Denver...although I'm sure Henning needs no help finding his way around town.

The real question: are you up for safety pilot duties? The Dakota finally flew again today and the only thing certain is that I'm out of practice...

Yep, can do safe3ty pilot duties, no worries, I love flying around in the mountains. Give me a call

I guess since Clark and Henning know their way around I'll just tag along. ;)

Keep in mind I am technically on call so no highballs and no wandering any further from KAPA than the DIA area or I will be out of my response range. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh he said eightballs....

Keep in mind I am technically on call so no highballs and no wandering any further than the DIA area or I will be out of my response range. :rolleyes:

No worries, I'm staying in the DIA area anyway.

BTW, I don't know my way around, but somehow "around" usually finds me...

Yep, can do safe3ty pilot duties, no worries, I love flying around in the mountains. Give me a call

Will call tomorrow afternoon.

Sounds like you'd like Henning to show YOU around town, his way! ;)

Ahh, Denver is pretty simple anymore. Two or three clubs that may be worthwhile (depends on the "talent" that night) and a bunch of other places that aren't quite right anymore. Too many pack animal, territorial types...

Keep in mind I am technically on call so no highballs and no wandering any further from KAPA than the DIA area or I will be out of my response range. :rolleyes:

:D

I'm thinking it's steak night but that's just one vote. I haven't been to the Palm or McCormicks for awhile either...of course there are many other options. I imagine Henning feels about like I did after living on a barge for a few weeks. The drive is to find something good and it really doesn't matter what or where it is as long as it's dry land and the drinks are plentiful.

ps: I'm not gonna touch the eightball thing. Too many possible meanings!:yikes:

Edit: Okay, from the redboard at least Henning's been on the beach for awhile...maybe he's not totally sea bonkers...

Last edited:
I'm game, tomorrow evening. I don't particularly have a preference for dinner.
I'm also on call, so I'll have to watch everyone else have drinks :)

I live about 10 mins from DIA, so if anyone wants any suggestions on restaurants, let me know. I know a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place that's fantastic. My cell 303-356-4206
Email to my blackberry: acolon at c3gov dot com

Either steak or Mexican is fine with me... even Mexican steak. You guys need to decide where because I don't know so many restaurants in Denver. I do most of my restaurant-eating when out of town. :dunno:

I've got a pair of 2-3 hour layovers in DEN on the 1st and the 4th.. Whats the consensus on where to eat ON the concourse, or just take my chances with whatever they are shoveling in the trough?

You home for the holidays or is this your scheduled break from the action?
Tomorrow afternoon and most of Wednsday if anyone want to get together for lunch/dinner/drinks/eightballs/strippers....

I've got a pair of 2-3 hour layovers in DEN on the 1st and the 4th.. Whats the consensus on where to eat ON the concourse, or just take my chances with whatever they are shoveling in the trough?
It depends on what concourse you are on. There are restaurants on all the concourses (I think) and also fast food. There are also restaurants on the main concourse but that is outside the security area and you would need to be rescreened. Sorry I can't specifically remember what restaurants are where.

Try the Chophouse on concourse A. Otherwise yer pretty much stuck with glorified bar fare or fast food.

The best restaurants are in B concourse.
Wolfgang Puck Express, Pour La France, a couple others.

If you're in C Concourse, there's better stuff over there than there used to be. Probably not worth the trip to B. Concourse A the pickings are slim.

Good thing Henning is going to Denver, so all those luxury mountaingoing yachts will have capable captains.

Will call tomorrow afternoon.
After you two work out your flying schedule can you let me know what time and where you want to meet? I have PM'd you, Henning and PilotAlan my cell phone number or you can post here.

what time and where on Tuesday? Or Wednesday? Or both?

Last edited:
Pour La France is probably the best/only place on Concourse B.

Buckhorn on 10th near downtown. Liquor license #1, been there over 3 centuries (opened in the late 1890s). It's on the light rail route and has its own parking.

I was going to suggest Emil-Lene's because it's easy to get to from DIA, but the latest reviews indicate it's going downhill.

Last edited:
OK, Ruby Tuesday's on Tower at 1730 local

rats, not departing SAN until 8:35 tonight for an 11:35pm arrival at DEN.

Had a great time meeting (and remeeting) the gang. Thanks for posting this Henning, it gave us a good reason to get together. :yesnod:

They pulled Mari off the bar at Ruby Tuesdays before she could get more than her jacket off....:eek:
Lame. I was hoping for those pictures to start showing up "behind the scenes" of PoA.

Does it still sound as good as when you first signed on?

Well, nothing I didn't expect and I get paid without issues. I've worked in Aus before (with many of the exact same people), so I knew the problems there as well. We're pretty close to getting out of the yard and start having fun.

It was great meeting with everyone last night, and thanks Clark for a great flight.

Hey - I was on Concourse C last night - where were you guys? Ok, so it was 12:30 a.m. but that's no excuse!!!

A couple picts from the flight over to SBS and back.

The first one has a spot I've been looking for a long time now. I don't know what it marks but it's just gotta be the spot.

The second is looking towards the Collegiate Range.

I should have gotten some close-ups going over Rabbit Ears and Corona. Something about the proximity to rocks keeps me focused on the navigation and I just don't think about the camera. Oh well, maybe next time.

Attachments

• SDC10306.JPG
    SDC10306.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • SDC10309.JPG
    SDC10309.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Back