Gone to the blue side!

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Just couldn't ignore all the POA mentions on the red board. Once I figured out what blue board/red board meant, I had to look into the blue board. The usual suspects, but (usually) a new spin.

I'm a flying addict, so anything more to read just feeds the addiction. So I had to register.

Hello all!

Hey, Flyersfan, Stars fan here. This place is proof that blue can be cool, amd warm, at the same time.

Welcome!

They're talking about lil' ol' us over there? gasp!

Welcome Flyersfan31, you have hit the jackpot, you won't find a better bunch of pilots anywhere.

flyersfan31 said:
Just couldn't ignore all the POA mentions on the red board. Once I figured out what blue board/red board meant, I had to look into the blue board. The usual suspects, but (usually) a new spin.

I'm a flying addict, so anything more to read just feeds the addiction. So I had to register.

Hello all!

Welcome to a little more intimate and folksy board. The red board is still ok too but different. [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Viva le difference! :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

smigaldi said:
Welcome to a little more intimate and folksy board. The red board is still ok too but different. [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Viva le difference! :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

Ok, you have to change your icon back. Didn't recognize you. :p

And welcome flyersfan! Hopefully the ruffians like Scott won't scare you away with their nonaviation posts on toenails or whatnot.... but I digress... a thousand welcomes upon you!

Welcome. How is the Sundowner? Been at Wings most weekends but haven't seen ya flying. Hope your enjoying it.

Sunday morning is my usual flighttime. Girls go to church, dad goes to play.

Sundowner is at Penn Avionics getting an autopilot. I'm forced to rent this weekend to feed my habit. GET ME BACK IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to PoA!!
There are great people here with a huge knowledge of aviation and other things, too.

I am sure you will feel at home rather quickly!!

flyersfan31 said:
Sundowner is at Penn Avionics getting an autopilot. I'm forced to rent this weekend to feed my habit. GET ME BACK IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obvious question...

...what kind of autopilot? Tell us all about it, and the whole plane (by the way, mice are well-represented and well-loved around here...).

STEC30. Should be useful when I start instrument training, as well as giving me a break on long XC's.

Late model Sundowner, one of the last off the line. Loaded with lots of goodies that aren't often found on Sundowners, like the G430 gps, G330 with TIS, JPI800 engine monitor. Previous owner lavished attention on her, and it shows.

The only thing I don't like are the electric flaps. When I first started training in Archers, I couldn't believe they had those low tech Johnson bar flaps. What a joke, right?!! Man do I miss having the grabhandle for dropping and raising. Especially with the Sundowner -- I raise the flaps on landing because otherwise I have little braking power, but I don't enjoy reaching across the panel to do it.

I could talk about airplanes for hours. I want to start collecting types in my logbook, but I'm so happy flying my plane I don't want to carve out the time.:D

flyersfan31 said:
STEC30. Should be useful when I start instrument training, as well as giving me a break on long XC's.

The STEC is the way to go, in my estimation. I especially appreciate the fact that they are, being electric and rate-based, an excellent back-up in case of vacuum instrument failure in IMC.

flyersfan31 said:
Late model Sundowner, one of the last off the line. Loaded with lots of goodies that aren't often found on Sundowners, like the G430 gps, G330 with TIS, JPI800 engine monitor. Previous owner lavished attention on her, and it shows.

Isn't it nice when you get to be the beneficiary of that kind of attention? All that nice hardware, in what may be the best laid-out panel in single-engine land, and the roomiest cabin (except, perhaps, the Commanders, which I have to throw in right here so Bill Suffa does not chastise me severely).

flyersfan31 said:
I could talk about airplanes for hours.

You'll fit in here just fine, then!

flyersfan31 said:
I want to start collecting types in my logbook, but I'm so happy flying my plane I don't want to carve out the time.:D

Hey, given the choice between collecting types, or collecting hours and memories in my own plane, it would be a no-brainer! Have lots of fun, and be sure you tell us about it.

==

By the way, have you seen Bo Boggs' most excellent Mouse Adventure logs? He bases here in the Dallas area, and he and his wife use his Mouse as a magic carpet for all manner of fun stuff, and he's not afraid to write about it (and he never lets us forget that he went potty, neither).

http://boomspeed.com/_bo_/Index.htm

flyersfan31 said:

quote]

I have a STEC 40 in my C172, the heading bug stuck and I had to send the DG in for repair. The first shop I sent it to could not fix it there, so they wanted to send it to the factory. I requested a quote before I agreed to that. I was quoted $500 min and a max of $1000. In the mean time a friend told me about an avionics shop in Macon, GA. I called them and the quoted $200-$450.
I sent it off to them and 5 days later they call me and said it was done. Total with shipping " $196.96" They are now in my speed dial. So after your warranty runs out and you need service, let me know and I'll send you their info.

if you are having a brake effectiveness problem with your mouse, it is because you are landing too fast, but i do agree, i liked the mouse with the bar as oppessed to the electric,

wesleyj said:
if you are having a brake effectiveness problem with your mouse, it is because you are landing too fast,

Yup, that's definitely part of the problem. I'm definitely learning more discipline on my descent down final with this aircraft than I ever had in the Archer. Of course, at only 95hrs in the logbook I still have a LOT more learning to go. I'll be starting instrument training in a month or two, so hopefully that will help sharpen my skills.

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Plan a flight to 3M0 the weekend of 6/9 and meet some of these guys & gals face to face.

And prepare to be judged...by our panel of experts.

Back