Golf and flying

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I'm just curious, as I'm nowhere near this time yet, but have any of you golfer/flyer enthusiasts found a good way to find golf courses near airports, like if you're looking for a day trip with a friend to fly somewhere, golf, then fly home?

I'm aware you can google an airport then search nearby for courses and vice versa, just wondering if anyone has any other methods.

Thanks!

I do not golf but the local airport (KCMH) happens to own a golf course here. Has the rabbit lights going right through it. Probably that way elsewhere I bet.

David

Install an acro smoke system, turn on the smoke and land on the golf course of your choosing. Tell them some BS about vapor lock or some such, that'll work after it cools off. Play a round, fire her up and fly away. You just need charm and balls.:lol:

I don't play, but there's a very nice golf club right next to KAMG - with a good restaurant too.

Install an acro smoke system, turn on the smoke and land on the golf course of your choosing. Tell them some BS about vapor lock or some such, that'll work after it cools off. Play a round, fire her up and fly away. You just need charm and balls.:lol:

awesome! :goofy:

and how can one pass up eating at Bacon county? :lol:

Actually the big thing there is the blueberry cobbler - the place is called Blueberry Plantation and that ain't a figure of speech :lol:

It's not a big deal. If you want to play golf you can get a ride from almost any airport to almost any golf course.

I'm just curious, as I'm nowhere near this time yet, but have any of you golfer/flyer enthusiasts found a good way to find golf courses near airports, like if you're looking for a day trip with a friend to fly somewhere, golf, then fly home?

I'm aware you can google an airport then search nearby for courses and vice versa, just wondering if anyone has any other methods.

Thanks!

Flying and golf don't mix because you can't have golf without beer!

Golf courses and trailer parks. It's almost like they're insinuating something about the pilot demographic!

Maybe I am just lucky, but the closest 3 GA airports to me have tee boxes within a 3 wood range of the runways.

If anyone has a similar list of shooting ranges...

;)

KAGC has a shooting range almost directly across the street. (I'll help you out so you don't have to skyvector it - it's in Pittsburgh, PA area) I've considered bringing my *sidearm* with me next time I visit my parents but I've been told "Guns are NOT allowed in the house" so I guess I'd have to bring it with me walk across the street shoot and then put it back in the airplane. But I can't find any ammo so that's not an issue.

As the saying goes, " there's an app for that." The app is called Golfpilot and it basically tells you all the golf course near certain airports. Never actually put it to use but it's there.

Flying to a golf course to play and then flying home is on my wish list of things to do someday. Combining both my favorite pastimes would be amazing!

If you're in the eastern PA area, this one actually has the runway on the golf course. It's about 35 nm NNE of KPHI.

http://www.buttervalley.com/airport.htm

My brother keeps asking me when we're heading out there to play.

Anyone know of any Golf Courses near airport or fly-in courses in the Midwest. IL, WI would be ideal.

Thanks.

Ask Jay about his kids and the Ercoupe and golf courses.

As the saying goes, " there's an app for that." The app is called Golfpilot and it basically tells you all the golf course near certain airports. Never actually put it to use but it's there.

Flying to a golf course to play and then flying home is on my wish list of things to do someday. Combining both my favorite pastimes would be amazing!

When I lived in Phoenix, I used to play in a tournament at a course in Prescott Arizona every year.

I would throw my clubs in the back for the 20 min. or so flight.

The clubhouse parking lot backed up to the airport fence/ramp.

My airplane was closer than half of the cars to the front door

Anyone know of any Golf Courses near airport or fly-in courses in the Midwest. IL, WI would be ideal.

Thanks.

There used to be a golf course in NW Iowa (Laruens?) that you could land on one of the fairways. I don't think it was known as a particularly 'nice' golf course, but the fact that you could land your airplane ON the golf course seemed kind of interesting.

Staying on topic kinda. Can you land a helicopter at a golf course? Has anyone done it legally with the intent to play the course? If so, I would think +1 for the heli group.

Staying on topic kinda. Can you land a helicopter at a golf course? Has anyone done it legally with the intent to play the course? If so, I would think +1 for the heli group.

If the landowner is OK with it, no problem. Well one problem, petty humans, someone in the club with someone's ear or lawyer will eventually put a stop to being out peacocked by a dirty, noisy, relatively cheap(compared to some lifestyle accessories) flying eggbeater.

for the record, 28a is right next to Charlotte National Golf course, you could probably walk from the runway to one of the holes, but I think the pre-flight and runup would take me longer than it would to drive there. BUT, that's what I'm lookin for, and if anyone else is looking for the same, charlotte natty is a pretty decent public course that you can find really good deals on.

Just don't park it next to the driving range.

Or it could be used for target practice… :D

This seems like a great topic for "Fun Places to Fly". Sunriver, OR (S21) has to be one of the best golf destinations on the West coast.

Back