Golf And Flying "a Winning Team"

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Hi Everyone,

My 99's group is having a golf tournament on September 18th 2006 to benefit breast cancer research and for flying scholarships.

It will be at the Crossing in Durham, NC. The cost is $99.

I will post the website when it is up and running. For those of you who golf, it maybe something worth looking into.

Thanks,

Brook

Not a golfer, Brook, but I'm reminded of the time when I flew a friend for lunch to Butter Valley Golf Port (7N8, Bally, PA) in the R22. The runway there is right in the middle of the golf course. We speculated (but didn't test) how close to a green we'd need to fly to move the ball around with the rotor wash. A nasty though, I guess, but fun to think about ;)

RotaryWingBob said:
Not a golfer, Brook, but I'm reminded of the time when I flew a friend for lunch to Butter Valley Golf Port (7N8, Bally, PA) in the R22. The runway there is right in the middle of the golf course. We speculated (but didn't test) how close to a green we'd need to fly to move the ball around with the rotor wash. A nasty though, I guess, but fun to think about ;)

You oughtta fly in there in a fixed wing. Neat little airport :)

RotaryWingBob said:

Now that would have been funny. You guys could have stuck your tounges out at the people playing golf...hah hah hah. :p

Brook,

I would love to come down let me see if my wife will let me go ........................ she said no very quickly (might I say). She said something about us having our baby on the 13th and it would be in my best interest not to be flying or on the golf course when it happens. I just don't get women. LOL

Bob

man, if you didn't live so damn far away, I'd have been there in a heartbeat. 3 great reasons: Flying, Golf and a good cause.

I hope your golf/fly-in succeeds beyond your wildest dreams!

Back