Golden Eagle Problems

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
For a long while Golden Eagle was running fine on my laptop (with Vista) after I changed it to run as Windows XP SP2, as administrator. A few months ago it suddenly started to freeze every time it opened a new window. By the way I'm running MacAfee Anti-Virus/Firewall. My desktop also has Windows Vista as well as MacAfee and Golden Eagle runs fine on it. So I know its not a basic conflict with either Vista or MacAfee, but has to be some setting.

I've tried everything I can think of to isolate the problem and no luck - I turned off the Firewall - I disabled the UAC - I made sure pop up blocker was off - I uninstalled GE and deleted all related files and then re-installed - I've checked IE's settings. Nothing. I'm totally frustrated as I had specifically purchased the laptop for taking flying.:mad2:

If I right click on a waypoint, the first nav info opens and then everything freezes. I can't close the window, switch tabs or anything. Task Manager tells me the Flight Prep Mapping Engine is not responding but the processes tab shows a steady 50% plus FPengine process running - it doesn't stop. The same thing happens if I try and complete a flight plan or a log - I click the button, and everything freezes - nothing opens, but when I shut down I'm told Adobe Acrobat is still running.

Any suggestions?

Back