Golden Eagle For Sale (soon?)

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Plane has been found at an airport 100 miles outside of Guadalajara. We have engaged The Recovery Group out of Louisville, KY, to go get it.

Question - obviously the logs will not be in the plane and so we won't have those. How much will that bring down the value? It is also out of annual (last done Nov/04) but I presume I'll wait to get that done by the eventual purchaser.

They were going to bring it to DPA but I was wondering if I'd be better having it delivered to a Cessna dealer somewhere. What do you think?

Barry:

I sure don't know, but there is a group up in Minneapolis that has restored several Barons and resold them; fully redone! Maybe they could give you a steet. There are on ASO a lot with a plane listed and not price (the old call for price). When you call, they try to talk you into waiting for them to restore one.

Just a suggestion. I looked a several P-Barons that had been salvaged and completely restored, but opted for something with all the records that had not had substantial damage. Lots of other folks aren't as picky, and at some point, it's just a price issue.

Dave

bstratt said:
Plane has been found at an airport 100 miles outside of Guadalajara. We have engaged The Recovery Group out of Louisville, KY, to go get it.

Question - obviously the logs will not be in the plane and so we won't have those. How much will that bring down the value? It is also out of annual (last done Nov/04) but I presume I'll wait to get that done by the eventual purchaser.

I think a rule of thumb is the logs are worth 10-20% of the value.

In my case, I bought the plane with missing and recontructed logs. The 2nd previous owner was elderly and had no idea where the logs were. The understanding I had was the missing logs were less important as the current logs had more history, but it was still a huge hit the value.

Then one day the logs showed up on my front door. I figure it was a $10,000 Christmas present. The FBO in New Hampshire found them while cleaning up the hangar. They looked up the plane (I had changed the N-number, but they found it by serial number) and sent them to me. Now that I think about it, it IS a good thing that the registration records have my real address on them.

Barry:

You should talk to Jerry Temple Aviation; they specialize in 300 and 400-series Cessna twins.

http://www.jtatwins.com/

/s/ Spike

Back