Gol durn I like flying

UngaWunga

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
UngaWunga
Trying to tone down my language these days....

Had a great aviation day. Flew down outta Hampton to Katama. Parked at the beach. Hung out at the beach for a few hours, sitting in beach chairs, with sun umbrella, eating lunch we brought, me watching the young ladies walking past. Swam a bit. Loaded up the plane and headed towards the southern end of Monomoy to look for seals and sharks... didn't see any. Headed over the Chatham, where the folks were very nice. Hitched a ride to town (2 miles), got a good dinner, got icecream, then walked over to the ballfield to watch a Cape league game. Good game, didn't win the 50/50. Scored a ride back to the airport, had a good night flight back through Boston back up to Hampton. Man I love flying at night. Wife slept, I didn't kill us... all is good.

This is why I got my license. This is why we have a plane. To fly to cool places that support GA, that have cool things nearby.

Can't sleep, need a bit of time to wind down after flying at night. Anyone else get that, a little amped up from the concentration needed to fly almost IFR at night through busy class B airspace?

Part of a pitching battle from the game tonight...

Can't sleep, need a bit of time to wind down after flying at night. Anyone else get that, a little amped up from the concentration needed to fly almost IFR at night through busy class B airspace?
Haven't flown through a Bravo at night in a long time, but definitely, those homeward flights at night north through the "wilds" of Vermont took a few hours to wind down from. They WERE IFR, almost always, as I really wanted that extra pair of eyes watching out for me, even if they would have lost me on radar at least 3000 feet AGL.

Back