Going to look at a J cub tomorrow

Hiperbiper

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Chris Carlson
Going to look at a J5 Cub tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm off on a quest to buy a low-n-slow to play with. I found a nice 1941 J5A (in a stylish Cub Yellow) with a freshly overhauled C-75 almost 400 miles from me. I'm flying over tomorrow morning; If the inspection goes well I'll do the money swappin' and form filling tomorrow and fly back in the Hiperbipe. Then this weekend comes the fun part...400 miles in a Cub (it's a Chubby Cub but still a Cub :eek:) against what seems to be permanent 10-20 knot west winds...

THIS SHOULD BE FUN!

Chris

Last edited:
Re: Going to look at a J5 Cub tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm off on a quest to buy a low-n-slow to play with. I found a nice 1941 J5A (in a stylish Cub Yellow) with a freshly overhauled C-75 almost 400 miles from me. I'm flying over tomorrow morning; If the inspection goes well I'll do the money swappin' and form filling tomorrow and fly back in the Hiperbipe. Then this weekend comes the fun part...400 miles in a Cub (it's a Chubby Cub but still a Cub :eek:) against what seems to be permanent 10-20 knot west winds...

THIS SHOULD BE FUN!

Chris

Cub- My first piloting experience. Have a great time!

3 seater? Does it still have the inflight door? Ball of fun either way. Good luck.

Good luck on the purchase. You certainly will be going slow on the way back,enjoy the view.

Back