Going to KAUS

texasag93

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
texasag93
I am flying there on Tuesday and out on Wednesday.

Any hints or things to watch out for?

Thanks.

1. Great controllers. It is busy, but the FBOs are both short taxi from 17L /35R.

2. It's a Class C, you have to contact Austin Approach inbound.

If it works for you, KEDC (Austin Executive) is vastly easier, cheaper gas, best service in the history of service. Really.

My parents live in far south Austin, so AUS is closest. 15 minutes. San Marcos is next at 30-35 and then EDC is 45 minutes.

KDTO KAUS KDTO will not require fuel in AUS. I will pay the overnight rather than paying the $7.44 a gallon.

Makes sense. I have been treated reasonably well by both FBOs, have lately used Signature, as they are less likely to re-park your plane hell-and-gone across the ramp from the door.

Good tendency for a fluffy cloud layer about 2000' above the ground in the afternoons. Keep an eye on it as you get close and make a decision about getting down through it versus getting under it and staying there.

San Marcos is a great spot to come to, 5.85 for FS and I can make sure your plane gets in a hangar.

San Marcos is a great spot to come to, 5.85 for FS and I can make sure your plane gets in a hangar.

I will keep that in mind. This is my first trip home and if AUS turns into a :hairraise:, I may start the farther south route. I plan on going to Austin 3-4 times a year.

This is just with my 7 year old son. In September, I am bringing my 8 month pregnant wife with me.

Be sure get David's contact information. He's a great resource for that area.

And a nice guy to boot!

PS. If you're going down in Metro Flyer's C182, I would really like to a trip report.

Be sure get David's contact information. He's a great resource for that area.

And a nice guy to boot!

PS. If you're going down in Metro Flyer's C182, I would really like to a trip report.

I am going in the 182. I will send details.

I bought the SA chart today and I am plotting the flight. My mom is picking me up at 11:45 AM as a friend of hers is flying out at that time from the AUS. No two trips. We will be a little hot getting into AUS at 11:45, but it is good for the free transportation to and from the airport.

I would like to take my mom up for a trip around the pattern, but in August, IN TEXAS, that is a NO GO. I want her and my dad to eventually fly with me.

I will be leaving as early Wed morning for the return to DTO so that it is as cool as possible.

Went down yesterday.

I flew directly into KAUS on 17L. Bucked a head wind al the way. 1:45 in the air after KDTO ground had their radio off (or something) for about 5 minutes and an extra 10 of me thinking my radio was fried. Changed over to tower and they, let's say, go it going.

I flew back today and had a tailwind until I hit south Ft. Worth. 1 hour 20 minutes in the air. No delay on take off.

I called ahead to get prices from Signature. I asked about the tie down charges. $17.50. They waive the hadling fee if you buy 10 gallons of gas. That was my first out of town trip and I know know to ask what ALL the fees are that are associated with parking overnight. I did not think to ask about a handling charge.

It was a good safe trip.

Back