Going to fly the Hudson SFRA with Wife and Child after checkride. Good $300 breakfast suggsestions between the GWB and KHFD?

Skybound-mg

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Skybound-mg
As the title side, I'm about to get my PPL at like 120 hours (delays, bad CFI, work schedule, long story) on 12/1. On 12/2 I plan on taking the Wife and Son on an adventure. Plan on an 8AM Hudson SFRA Flight then back north over the GWB and back out of the area towards KHFD.

Note: I'm flying to KMMU from KHFD this coming week with my CFI, picking up my boss, and doing the SFRA so I have experience with it. I've looked at it, and it looks reasonable. Stay below 1300, make mandatory calls, etc. I've been in some busy airspace before so I'll obviously watch how crowded it is for safety, but I get the gist.

I would love a cool on-airport diner for Breakfast/lunch/brunch after on the way back to KHFD from the Hudson area -- Any suggestions? Can be out of the way, I have the plane until 3PM.

Thanks!

44N?

I enjoyed my meal at the airport restaurant in Westfield (KBAF). There was a guy giving rides in a biplane which made for interesting airport watching. (Hmmm.. maybe it has flown south due to weather, now that I think about it).

I like to use http://fly2lunch.com/ to find on-airport restaurants.

Also @Mahneuvers promotes his https://flightsforbites.com/ website too.

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

44N?
Like the restaurant, but 12/21/23 is a Thursday. The cafe at 44N is only open Friday thru Sunday.

Like the restaurant, but 12/21/23 is a Thursday. The cafe at 44N is only open Friday thru Sunday.

Not important, but the date is 12/2/23; I think it is easy to misread because the OP wrote "12/2 I plan on ... " and it is easy to mistake the capital letter I for the number 1.

That being said, I find the taxiway hills at 44N unsettling and I would suggest "fly to 44N after a bit more experience as a PPL rather than first trip with the family."

The Nu-CAVU restaurant at Kobelt is very good, but it's not open for breakfast.

Yeah, I’m flying there this week with my CFI for experience. We’ll see but I think 44N is a good options.

Not important, but the date is 12/2/23; I think it is easy to misread because the OP wrote "12/2 I plan on ... " and it is easy to mistake the capital letter I for the number 1.

That being said, I find the taxiway hills at 44N unsettling and I would suggest "fly to 44N after a bit more experience as a PPL rather than first trip with the family."
Doh! o_O

I think 44N would be fine, as long as you're comfortable with operating at an uncontrolled field. There is a little hit to taxi up to eat, but as long as you have brakes you should be fine. BAF is nice, too, towered field. As a new pilot I'd pick whichever you're most comfortable working out of for family trip.

Back