Going to Air Venture. First time in a long time

KRyan

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
KRyan
Do "POA Types" have any "high sign, " or secret handshake, or anything like that. If I've never met you (except on this forum) how can I recognize my fellow POA'ers?

Well, I'll be working there, so I won't be able to make the rounds, but hopefully I'll be able to talk to some of you while I'm there.

Well, I'll be working there, so I won't be able to make the rounds, but hopefully I'll be able to talk to some of you while I'm there.

Did you see the invites to:
1) @Jay Honeck 's H.O.P.S. (I can't remember what it stands for, I think Horking Other People's Suds because I'm convinced its really a way for him to fill up his beer cooler!:))
2) @gprellwitz and Leslie's chili and jambalaya dinner
Both are a great chance to meet other POAers. And don't worry about getting there early @steingar just gets more interesting as the evening goes on.;)

Me too, I'll be at booth #1103. Drop by and say hi...see you all there!

Marshall

There's no standard PoAer at OSH.

Exhibit A are the ones with red handles. Often appear perplexed from dealing with the unfamiliar concept of having to pay for their own bottled water.

Next are the Mo and Bo set. Easily identifiable by the narrow nose, classic lines and smoothly aerodynamic cabin top underneath the ball cap. Tend to arrive en mass and congregate in their own flocks. Better dressed than their Pipessna counterparts.

RV Owners; Distinguishable by their photogenic grins, apparently a permanent feature incapable of being extinguished even in the face of sweltering heat, thunderstorm flooding or squadrons of mosquitos in HBC. They are the ones making sure ALL the beer is finished as most of them lack the useful load to lug any of it home.

The Canard Pushers; usually found making the pilgrimage to the forum area, the museum, or other speaker venue to seek out the Seer of RAF, or one of his Prophets (Brother Rutan, Mike Melvill, John Roncz, etc.). On the conservation watch list as numbers of this species have mysteriously fallen in the past two decades.

Steel tube and rag wings; Not actually suffering from jaundice, they just paint themselves that color as a solemn memorial to the fact their factory was flooded nearly five decades ago. Some are reputed to have bypassed the mandatory colored dot arrival assignment, landing directly on their camping spot. Show offs...;)

Last edited:
Do "POA Types" have any "high sign, " or secret handshake, or anything like that. If I've never met you (except on this forum) how can I recognize my fellow POA'ers?
If you see me, say hello! I'll be one of the middle-aged guys with a shaved head and a goatee, wearing cargo shorts, but I'll also have an orange vest with two or three cameras!

Back