Going on my Introductory Flight soon...

No news. Must have crashed.
Haha sorry about the delay! Life has been busy as of late :p

Luckily I didn't crash lol.

It was great! Got to fly for an hour and the instructor was really cool!

So I got to taxi, take off, fly for most of the hour, the instructor landed the plane, and the the instructor taxied back and parked the plane.

When we were flying we flew over the flight schools practice area, the river, the mountains, the dam and the reactors (I live near Handford in Washington).

Over the practice area Ryan (the instructor) showed me how to do right turns and then took the controls and did a few stalls (that was really fun!)

After landing and finishing up we went back inside and I got my logbook! I now have one hour of flight time in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. :)

Saving up money right now, but hopefully I'll be able to start flight school sometime this year.

Last edited:
I now have one hour of flight time in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. :)

Saving up money right now, but hopefully I'll be able to start flight scool sometime this year.
Awesome, AWEsome, AWESOME!!!

In addition to saving up for the financial end of things, there are some steps for medical certification. Let us know if you need information about that.

Reactions: Ren
Maybe not, maybe he filed a flight plan.

Or she. <sigh>

Anyway, cool! I bet you also got to see the LIGO detector? That thing is neat to see from the air, since you don't really get the sense of those 4-kilometer arms and how long they really are, when you're just standing on the ground next to it.
(I've been there a couple times, back when I was a postdoc with that project <10 yrs ago...)

As I recall, there's a National Security Area over the Hanford Reservation, that says "pilots are requested to not fly below xxxx feet..." or something similar within this big set of shaded lines. So you'll probably learn to read charts early in your training. :)

Anyway, awesome that you found a good instructor... can't wait for the next episode!

Back