Going Going Gone, I hope

That's beautiful Tom. What are you doing next?

It is a beaut! Simply gorgeous! I hope you make out well.

John

Gorgeous plane! Good luck...are you really getting out of flying?

Gorgeous, Tom, it's been a long time coming.

If only I had the money..... sigh.

I hope you get it sold for full price. It's really unfortunate the economy is down. :(

Finally a plane on eBay that I would consider bidding on.

That's the first vehicle of any kind I've ever seen on ebay that falls in the "buy sight unseen without hesitation and don't worry about it" category.

If I happened to win the lottery tomorrow, I'd be on the way to Tom's place the day after. The chances though..oh well, maybe next time.

Beautiful airplane, wish you the best of luck selling it on ebay, but there hasn't been very many moving there lately.

OMG, I'm gonna' cry. $75K are you kidding! I'd pay twice that amount and know I stole it. Dammit, this making me mad that I don't have the dough right now.

How 'bout a partnership. (I know....)

Tom, we need to find you the right owner who will fully appreciate this aircraft. This is not a bird you drop on the gen's public.

Tom, if you don't find a buyer on eBay, I have no doubt you'll find an appreciative soul somewhere to take care of your baby.

No bids yet? How many watchers (if any)?

OMG, I'm gonna' cry. $75K are you kidding! I'd pay twice that amount and know I stole it. Dammit, this making me mad that I don't have the dough right now.

How 'bout a partnership. (I know....)

75K I'm taking a hit on investment, When I bought it, that going price on a warner powered 24 in this condition was 90-100K.

You bring cash, and you get next years annual free, and all the spares that I have. for $60K

I put .6 on it today and it flys great. windows down, arm out the window. grinnin :)

Last edited:
Really? Easier said than done..... I hope.

Nope its going to be easy, it is getting colder every day, Being in cold drafty hangars with out heat isn't as much fun as it once was.

Being in central Texas with a motorhome and a good book for the winter is sounding better and better.

TEXAS???You would leave beautiful green & not HOT western Wa. for TEXAS??? I guess you are getting out of flying because of the onset of dementia. DaveR
p.s. it is a gorgous aircraft, I saw it up close at the fly-in. DR

It's not, but could be if youu like it that way.

I got this from the FAA.

Aircraft Description
Serial Number 2991 Type Registration Individual
Manufacturer Name FAIRCHILD Certificate Issue Date 05/17/2001

Model 24 G Status Valid

Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine Reciprocating

Pending Number Change None Dealer No

Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 50267342

MFR Year 1937 Fractional Owner NO

Registered Owner
Name DOWNEY THOMAS

Zip Code 98277-4564

Country UNITED STATES

Airworthiness
Engine Manufacturer WARNER
Classification Experimental Engine Model SS165 SERIES Category To show compliance with FAR
A/W Date 04/10/1991

Last edited:
I got this from the FAA.

Aircraft Description
Serial Number 2991 Type Registration Individual
Manufacturer Name FAIRCHILD Certificate Issue Date 05/17/2001

Model 24 G Status Valid

Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine Reciprocating

Pending Number Change None Dealer No

Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 50267342

MFR Year 1937 Fractional Owner NO

Registered Owner
Name DOWNEY THOMAS

Zip Code 98277-4564

Country UNITED STATES

Airworthiness
Engine Manufacturer WARNER
Classification Experimental Engine Model SS165 SERIES Category To show compliance with FAR
A/W Date 04/10/1991

I've sent in 2 change requests for that to be updated, but it hasn't happened yet. I have both airworthiness certificates, but the normal airworthiness certificate has a later date than the EXP.

TEXAS???You would leave beautiful green & not HOT western Wa. for TEXAS??? I guess you are getting out of flying because of the onset of dementia. DaveR
p.s. it is a gorgous aircraft, I saw it up close at the fly-in. DR

Who said I was getting out of flying?

So isn't that the best of both worlds? Just show the one you need at the time.

I've sent in 2 change requests for that to be updated, but it hasn't happened yet. I have both airworthiness certificates, but the normal airworthiness certificate has a later date than the EXP.

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.

The missunderstood question was "Quitting what"?

The wrong answer was "flying"

I was asked what my next project was.

The missunderstood question was "Quitting what"?

The wrong answer was "flying"

I was asked what my next project was.

Well, Tom...

...no place better for flying than central/south Texas.

Lots of pilots, lots of planes.

Lots of engines needing overhaul.

Hmmm.... (gears turning...)

Back