Going flying this weekend!! Wheee!!

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
I've been moping around all sad cause we weren't planning on doing any flying this month. A careful analysis of the budget revealed an hour and half's flight time (actually, we just decide to squeeze the money out like we used to have to do if we wanted to fly.) So, we now have one of Montgomery County Aviation's fine Skyhawk SPs scheduled for Saturday afternoon from 1-5p. It's their oldest Skyhawk, but can't complain if you wait this close to the weekend and can still get one at all!! Heck.. none of the Skyhawk SPs are old, compared to some I've flown.

Now, choices, choices... shall we head north for the Poconos and have lunch at Blairstown, NJ while enjoying the mountain view? Or perhaps southeast, to Ocean City, NJ and the beach? We'll get there in time for lunch, then a nice easy walk to the beach, and a nice stroll by the ocean. Cathy is leaning toward Ocean City. She loves the ocean. We drove over on Mother's Day, and checked out what the walk would be like to the beach. Barely over a half mile, sidewalks all the way. Piece of cake.

I getta go flying, I getta go flying... yippee!! I've got to get home and do my good weather dance!!

I'd go for Ocean City. Other than lunch and watching the gliders, there's not a lot to do at Blairstown, although its a nice little airport.

I wonder if I should go up flying tomorrow without filing a flight plan or talking to ATC and shoot some touch and goes and practice some slow flight. :rofl:

N2212R said:
I wonder if I should go up flying tomorrow without filing a flight plan or talking to ATC and shoot some touch and goes and practice some slow flight. :rofl:

Only if you use kgrr!

N2212R said:

You said "...without filing...or talking to ATC..." and "shoot" in the same sentence. You trying to jinx yourself?:lightning:

Back