Going Far VFR: Coast to Coast in a Glasair

Arkansas law officers also like to flip SUV's over that have pregnant women at the helm.

Have seen the full video elsewhere. That was unexcusable.

She did exactly what the Arkansas authorities documented she was supposed to do. She slowed down, put on her hazards, and attempted to drive to the nearest exit to pull over for her and the officer's safety, as the shoulder was obstructed by concrete barriers.

"LEO" lied and stated that she was fleeing, and PIT maneuvered her on a highway.

"LEO" should be looking for another career.

https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/ARKANSAS_DRIVER_LICENSE_manual_revision_(Corrected).pdf

ARKANSAS STATE POLICE
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE STOPPED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

The steps outlined below provide drivers with basic information of what to do when stopped by a law enforcement officer or when passing a law enforcement officer stopped alongside a roadway to ensure the officer’s safety, the safety of the driver and any passengers.

1. Pull over to the right side of the road – activate your turn signal or emergency flashers to indicate to the officer that you are seeking a safe place to stop.

2. If you are unsure if you are being stopped by an actual police officer, activate your turn signal or emergency flashers and pull to the nearest well-lit location, or dial 9-1-1 and request confirmation that an actual police officer is attempting to stop you.

3. Pull to the nearest/safest spot out of the traffic lane (Do not stop on bridges or overpasses).

The way this is going, might get locked soon. Before that happens …

OP great trip and you gained a lot of experience. I have been thinking and procrastinating about a trip like this. Not sure what’s stopping me, but I have my excuses, glad to see you could overcome yours and make this dream trip. Kudos.

EAA or AOPA once put out a kneeboard cheat sheet, what to do when LEO wants to search your plane, does anyone have this or a link?

The way this is going, might get locked soon. Before that happens …

OP great trip and you gained a lot of experience. I have been thinking and procrastinating about a trip like this. Not sure what’s stopping me, but I have my excuses, glad to see you could overcome yours and make this dream trip. Kudos.
Looks to me like you did a nice one today. :D

Looks to me like you did a nice one today. :D

Yeah but I won’t brag about it , had to take a IR guy with me so that I can make it in a day and am glad I did. The last leg was intense

Back