Going Basic Med After HIMS SI Medical Certificate Expiration

G

Let's say once you're issued your SI medical certificate, you then get established on Basic Med. So for the time your SI medical certificate is valid, you have both.

Once your medical certificate expires, do you just drop your required HIMS activities and continue flying Basic Med? Or are you required to notify your HIMS AME that you will not be renewing your medical certificate?

It's entirely dependent on with what the Signing phyisician is comfortable.
It's all "cases". But Washington will have no say.

Just remember, though, if for any insurance reason you need back in you will be starting over. And I mean completely over.
(Exception- I have one guy who went to basic but he still pees in the cup and goes to AA...."just in case". That makes a "re-entry" pretty simple.)

Once your medical certificate expires, do you just drop your required HIMS activities and continue flying Basic Med? Or are you required to notify your HIMS AME that you will not be renewing your medical certificate?

I considered it polite to let my HIMS AME know that I was going basic med, but I've not seen any requirement.

Let's say once you're issued your SI medical certificate, you then get established on Basic Med. So for the time your SI medical certificate is valid, you have both.

Heck, my AME (Dr. Bruce) told me to go Basic Med.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back