Going 100 kt in STYLE

Its Shvetsov ASh-62 engine has a specific fuel consumption of 0.77 lb/(hp*hr). That's more than 1.5 times a comparable P&W engine with 0.49 lb/(hp*hr).

Well if it hast to be an experimental here then why not stick on a comparable Pratt?

There is (was, dont know if he still is or not) that does that in ohio. The local radio station gave a prize away last year that was 'screw "over" your ex' where you won a mile high prize with your current significant other while the pilot circled your ex's house!

Here is a guy that won something like that in 2003. He said they put him and his girl in the back of a 172. Nothing exciting happened beyond the plane ride.

http://s-seriesforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36583

i think the situation for the AN2 in the US is worse than just having to go experimental. my understanding is the operating limitations these birds get basically prevent any sort of flight out of the local area.

i think the situation for the AN2 in the US is worse than just having to go experimental. my understanding is the operating limitations these birds get basically prevent any sort of flight out of the local area.

I misread the site. Apparently even the experimental classification would be a limited one:

http://an2flyers.org/

What type of aircraft certification is available in the USA for the An-2?

The An-2 can only be certified as an Experimental-Exhibition, Experimental-Research, or (possibly, but not accomplished yet) as a Restricted-Agricultural (crop duster) aircraft. Current FAA policy (apparantly at the direction of the state department) is that this fine aircraft will never be allowed to be certified in any way in which it can be used for commercial purposes in the USA involving passengers, cargo, or parachute jumping. As best we can understand, this policy is designed to protect Cessna, Piper, and Beech from market loss and applies to other Soviet designed aircraft as well. Some FAA inspectors will tell you that it is because the aircraft was never approved under FAR-23 procedures since it was designed prior to normalization of relations between the USA and former communist countries. However, close inspection of other FARs (part-21) reveals that such aircraft could be certified in the USA after passing a conformity check, which the FAA is not presently allowing for An-2s.

The one of those I have flown was slightly more...spartan. And not in the manner of a spartan executive.

Most beautiful 100 kt. plane I've ever seen!

Back