GoFlyAmerica Question

smigaldi said:
I am going to be flying into my home airport in a friends plane with him as PIC. Other than having him register on http://www.goflyamerica.org is there any way for me to claim the airport?

You'll probably get a reply here, but I think there is also a forum on the actual GoFlyAmerica site that might be a little more directed to Nick and Chip.

You must register on this web site to claim an airport. If you haven't registered already, you may do so here.

You must be sole manipulator of the controls of the aircraft when it lands in order to claim an airport.

Also you can not claim your own airport. (I did not see this on the site but I know it is one of the rules)

Bob

Not Nick or Chip but:
bluesky74656 said:
Get him to let you fly the landing. He who lands, claims. You don't need to be PIC.

but....

smigaldi said:
I am going to be flying into my home airport

and you can not claim your home airport.

So the answer would be that your freind needs to log in and claim it!

Missa

CJones said:
You'll probably get a reply here, but I think there is also a forum on the actual GoFlyAmerica site that might be a little more directed to Nick and Chip.

Didn't Nick just announce he was taking a vacation from the Board? I am sure you can get him on the GoFlyAmerica.org website.

-Skip

smigaldi said:
That was what I kinda expected but wondered if there was a way around it.

Money might work. I'm sure that neither Chip nor Nick are opposed to bribes.

FlyNE said:
Money might work. I'm sure that neither Chip nor Nick are opposed to bribes.
That's probably the best idea. Money or both or either of them might go for some stick time in a cool airplane.

You might also see if you can change your home airport to someplace to don't go very often (or has already been claimed) you could register using an alias.

why not just let the other guy claim it?

Joe

smigaldi said:
That was what I kinda expected but wondered if there was a way around it.
Scott, my impression: why are you trying to figure a way to get around something which is supposed to be just for fun?

Richard said:
Scott, my impression: why are you trying to figure a way to get around something which is supposed to be just for fun?

Maybe the friend doesn't want to log on, (antisocial or anticomputer or just computer scared :confused: ).

Barb

One Short said:
Maybe the friend doesn't want to log on, (antisocial or anticomputer or just computer scared :confused: ).

Barb
Barb, is your avatar your plane at 6Y9? Nice pic.

I wanted to write the software so you couldn't claim an airport within 50 NM of your home airport, but Nick thought that was a bit much. So the rules are simply that you can't claim your home airport. The whole idea is that pilots get out and visit other airports.

Richard said:
Barb, is your avatar your plane at 6Y9? Nice pic.

Close, my plane at Fairbanks, AK. They look alot alike, only Fairbanks gets warmer in the summer and not much colder in the winter!

Barb

Back