God I Love the O360A1D

Likewise the O360A4A. Sometimes I wish for a bigger plane; sometimes I'm REALLY happy that I don't have one!

Dan
PA28-180E

Ditto for O-360A4K.

Dan Smith said:
Sometimes I wish for a bigger plane; sometimes I'm REALLY happy that I don't have one!

When TaP comes in the mail I always look at certain sections to see what is what:

The M20C section to see what others are asking for aircraft like my own - I don't do that often as I know that it is worth more to me than anyone else and it is some what depressing as the asking prices are usually way less than what I have "invested" in the plane. Though once in awhile I do get a chuckle where there is an M20C with a mid time engine, blue streaked wings, latest wiz bang radios and a asking price that could only be justified if it used gold bricks for ballast.

The Cherokee 6 and Lance sections 'cause I think the family would love it if they could stretch out in the club seated cabin of one of these flying living rooms. The asking prices are typically out of my reach for any of the ones I would want and I'm not fond of the speed for fuel ratio or engine overhaul cost.

The Twin Comanche section 'cause I really like their looks and they have two engines but asking prices for nice ones are out of my reach.

The Apache section 'cause the cabin is wider than the Mooney, they have two engines and the asking price makes them at least appear almost affordable.

The Beach 18, Seneca and Navajo sections 'cause I like to dream.

:<)

Len

Len Lanetti said:
When TaP comes in the mail I always look at certain sections to see what is what:

The M20C section to see what others are asking for aircraft like my own - I don't do that often as I know that it is worth more to me than anyone else and it is some what depressing as the asking prices are usually way less than what I have "invested" in the plane. Though once in awhile I do get a chuckle where there is an M20C with a mid time engine, blue streaked wings, latest wiz bang radios and a asking price that could only be justified if it used gold bricks for ballast.

The Cherokee 6 and Lance sections 'cause I think the family would love it if they could stretch out in the club seated cabin of one of these flying living rooms. The asking prices are typically out of my reach for any of the ones I would want and I'm not fond of the speed for fuel ratio or engine overhaul cost.

The Twin Comanche section 'cause I really like their looks and they have two engines but asking prices for nice ones are out of my reach.

The Apache section 'cause the cabin is wider than the Mooney, they have two engines and the asking price makes them at least appear almost affordable.

The Beach 18, Seneca and Navajo sections 'cause I like to dream.

:<)

Len

Love Beech 18 (taildragger only), but those round engines, while wonderful to me, are expensive and thirsty debbils. My dad owned one for about 15 years. No idea what his wife did to it when he died, and frankly thinking about it makes me mad because I had a copy of his will that said it was mine.

F.W. Birdman said:
Love Beech 18 (taildragger only), but those round engines, while wonderful to me, are expensive and thirsty debbils./quote]

I've come to realize that if a Beech 18 is to be in my future it will have to be one with a nose gear. I've yet to realize that I can't afford a Beech 18 with or without a nose gear and that I might just as well fantasize about flying the taildragger kind.

Len

Looks like my A3A is exempt too.

Back