Goat or Hero?

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I happened upon some photos which brought me back to 2007. We were living in Tacoma WA. A second Tacoma Narrows Bridge had been built to alleviate horrible traffic problems.

The first day of opening was for the people. The bridge was going to be a huge open house for everyone to walk the bridge. The party promised to be huge. My wife let me know, in no uncertain terms, that we were going to be present for that party. Shuttle busses were going to leave from the local community college. All we had to do was show up.

I told my spouse not to worry. I had it all in hand. We would go to the college an hour before the busses would run. We'd bring books and read until time to load up and head for the bridge.

We set out for the college with plenty of time. WRONG!! We couldn't get within a mile of the college. All streets were jammed. I am truly the GOAT and would pay for it.

A light bulb lit up between my goat horns and I drove to Thun Field KPLU. We flew over the mob to Tacoma Narrows Airport KTIW. There were no huge crowds and we toured the bridge and followed up with a meal at the airport eatery.

Watta do you mean goat? The name is hero! Narrows Bridge Opening 060.jpg Narrows Bridge Opening 024.jpg

I happened upon some photos which brought me back to 2007. We were living in Tacoma WA. A second Tacoma Narrows Bridge had been built to alleviate horrible traffic problems.

The first day of opening was for the people. The bridge was going to be a huge open house for everyone to walk the bridge. The party promised to be huge. My wife let me know, in no uncertain terms, that we were going to be present for that party. Shuttle busses were going to leave from the local community college. All we had to do was show up.

I told my spouse not to worry. I had it all in hand. We would go to the college an hour before the busses would run. We'd bring books and read until time to load up and head for the bridge.

We set out for the college with plenty of time. WRONG!! We couldn't get within a mile of the college. All streets were jammed. I am truly the GOAT and would pay for it.

A light bulb lit up between my goat horns and I drove to Thun Field KPLU. We flew over the mob to Tacoma Narrows Airport KTIW. There were no huge crowds and we toured the bridge and followed up with a meal at the airport eatery.

Watta do you mean goat? The name is hero! View attachment 113093 View attachment 113097
Ah. Good ol’ Taco McNarrows. I flew there once just so I could call the Tower that. Good chow at the Airport to. Yeah, I got the Taco Plate.

Back