Go Pro 2 video time

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
Hello video users. Yesterday, I went out to shoot some video with the OAT at 0F and below. The battery indicated full, and the video card was empty. So, I started a video recording and did a 0.7 hr flight. Later, when I looked at the video, it ended before I even did the run up.

I know that it seems to stop a video after about 1/2 hour (probably due to file size), but it automatically starts another one to continue on. So, no real issue there. But, I am wondering if there is any other setting that will ensure it runs longer.

However, I suspect that the battery crapped out at the low temps. I have the extra battery pack installed. Also, it showed at least 2/3 battery left when I got it back in the house and warmer. Anyone else experience these issues in cold temps?

I think some SD memory cards cause issues like that because of the data rate of the GoPro, but I'll let someone smarter than I am give you a more educated response.

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-bla...
Storage
Memory:
MicroSD class 10 or higher required
Up to 64GB capacity supported
Record times will vary with resolutions and frame rates

Last edited:
make sure you are on the latest firmware. you should be able to find instructions on how to format the sd card (make sure you remove everything first!) and install the latest firmware. I had issues with my gopro crapping out all the time, sent it back and they sent me another one. it works 'most' of the time.

Back