Go/No Go, or accidentally getting it right

Dana

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dana
With the stellar weather forecast, all week I've been looking forward to flying this weekend (never mind that I went flying on Tuesday). Then late yesterday afternoon I found that I needed to be at our cabin in southern NY this morning. It's about a two hour drive if there's no traffic, or an hour and a quarter flight, with a 15 minute airport drive at one end and 45 minutes on the other, with the need to get a ride on that one. Not a practical flight, but a very pleasant one.

So, yeah, weather's great, I'll fly the Hatz, my daughter can pick me up on the other end, I can get there just in time or almost, gotta pack for the weekend, but first I think I'll run up to the airport and get the preflight and fueling done... waitaminute. Too much rushing, I could really use the flexibility of my car when I get there... but it's such a beautiful forcast... no. I'll drive, though I wasn't happy about it as I went to bed.

Get up this morning, hmmm, a bit chilly but looking like beautiful flying weather, but I'm driving, grrr. Then glance at the news... the President is addressing the West Point graduating class today, with the associated monster imperial TFRs (which I would have discovered Friday, of course, if I'd gotten as far as doing any actual flight planning). So it wouldn't have happened anyway, and I won't be there thinking, "I shoulda flown." Sometimes it works out.

Back