Go Cowboys!

Did you say toilet bowl? Thats what I think of them also, bunch of turds.;):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does sound promising for them, rehab is pay'n off.:yes::D;)

:cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine:;)

$75.00 for parking. One game. Really.

Season tickets (pair) and Parking cost, upper level, exposed to blazing sun / driving rain / blizzard like snow, surrounded by folks I don't know guzzling $7 cans of domestic light beer and hurling some lovely language when it looks like the spread is not going to be covered (within earshot of my young child):

$2163, plus exorbitant food prices.

55" HDTV at Sam's Club, to put in my family room, where I can set whatever temperature I want, have great food delivered to my seat (thanks, Honey!) and drink my homebrew, surrounded by friends and family (who still occasionally hurl inappropriate comments within earshot :rolleyes2:):

$1497, plus cost of fixin's for food and brew.

Yeah, a biased argument (I have had some great tailgates leading to some awesome game experiences over the years), but no way to justify ten home games a year anymore given the variables. I'll pick and choose one game a year every once in a while, make a grand aviation adventure for the occasional road game to scratch that itch from now on.

Oh, and Hail to the REDSKINS ! ! ! :D

True story follows:

When we moved to SW PA, I looked up to Steeler's ticket prices. Found seats in A34 for $200 each -- had to buy both.

OK, that will work...

So I looked up where those seats might be in the stadium.

They weren't seats -- "A34" was a parking space in a lot.

Steelers season ticket holders bequeath their season tickets in wills.

:rolleyes2:

Why anyone cares about a game played by the world's stupidest millionaires who make money for billionaires who do their damnedest to milk money out of local communities is beyond me. None of the players are from where they play, and the owners will happily move the teams if it suits their fancy. Sorry, I just don't get it. If I'm not mistaken, Green Bay is the only one where the community owns the team.

Why anyone cares about a game played by the world's stupidest millionaires who make money for billionaires who do their damnedest to milk money out of local communities is beyond me. None of the players are from where they play, and the owners will happily move the teams if it suits their fancy. Sorry, I just don't get it. If I'm not mistaken, Green Bay is the only one where the community owns the team.

What he said.

+100000000 right on!

Let me guess -- Jocks picked on ya'll in HS?

:cool2:

Apparently enough of us like to watch sports and appreciate the skill, speed, talent, and organization required to play and win professional Football to pay the various salaries.

Apparently enough of us like to watch sports and appreciate the skill, speed, talent, and organization required to play and win professional Football to pay the various salaries.

And all this time I thought it was just middle aged ex-wannabe jocks that like to ogle cheerleaders and drink cheap beer. :D

I'll take sitting at home watching college ball on the TV any day, but I never understood why anyone would want to go and pay big bucks to sit with 250,000 other people and watch cars go round and round either.

There is that in American Football? I thought it was 10 seconds of action, mostly people running around, followed by 5 to 10 minutes of commercials and analysis of the running around.

I don't watch much sports but when I do it is professional bike racing or real football aka soccer.

In football there is 45 minutes of action generally without breaks or substitutes. Then halftime and 45 minutes more of action. No one radioing in plays, changing out players, taking a water break, etc.

Cycling is a multi-layered sport that has team and individual aspects. So subs, no breaks, you fall behind you have to climb your way back up.

Cycling is a multi-layered sport that has team and individual aspects. So subs, no breaks, you fall behind you have to climb your way back up.

I like watching pro cycling on the TV, but I never quite understood why people would camp out for hours or even days just for 20 seconds of watching their favorite cyclist go riding by.

And all this time I thought it was just middle aged ex-wannabe jocks that like to ogle cheerleaders and drink cheap beer. :D

I'll take sitting at home watching college ball on the TV any day, but I never understood why anyone would want to go and pay big bucks to sit with 250,000 other people and watch cars go round and round either.

1. It's a great spectacle (and I DON'T mean just the racing);

2. It's cheap; NASCAR tickets are priced very reasonably- even mere mortals can afford to buy them, and hence, lots of "mere mortals" do so.

NASCAR is a hoot, a lot of fun.

Does Phil make any sense when he writes? I cannot stand his free flowing commentary.

When I raced, it was Phil's voice I heard in my head...

"..and now the big man pushes a very big geah, putting the hurt on this ENTIRE field! Look at them suffering trying to keep his wheel!"

Cat 3.. by then it was too fast and too hard and I was too old (over 35s are made up almost exclusively of former National Champions, etc).
Wow that is a lot of time to spend each year to keep that up. how long did you race and how did you manage to fit it into your schedule?

Wow that is a lot of time to spend each year to keep that up. how long did you race and how did you manage to fit it into your schedule?

I raced on and off from 91 until 97 or so.

I rode a couple of season on a sorta-famous training ride 2-3 times a week in Lancaster County called the 'stick ride, led by master's madman Scott Haverstick. I met them in Millersville, rode the loop, then rode home solo, for a total of 47 miles each ride.

I did Tuesday night training races, and rode at least 20 miles every lunchtime.

It was a real drain to stay in racing shape, but Lancaster County is blessed with perfect racing conditioning roads -- some hills, some flats, and lots of back country roads.

I was self-employed much of that time, so that helped. More than once I took calls out in the middle of Amish country, trying to mask any hard breathing or background cow or farm equipment noises.

:cheerswine:

BTW -- I bought my Pinarello Stelvio race bike in '92, and rode that 26 lb monster in every race, and on every training ride, up Mt Mitchell, up Beech Mountain -- even in a 3 day stage race in Quebec (I was definately outclassed in that race!)

After a particularly nasty crash, I realized I was risking too much, so we bought a Cannondale Tandem and rode the snot out of that thing (my wife got very strong very fast and we were very fast on the flats).

Anyway, it's far too hilly here for fun on the tandem, but man am I ready for a carbon bike with a triple!!!

:yes:

id rather bake cookies than watch the NFL. except for the super bowl. then i only bake cookies between commercials.

Back