GNC 355 Trainer and interface

Sundancer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Sundog
Garmin trainer goat rope - three options for the iPad; only one (obscurely) reveals which devices are covered - that choice does NOT include the 355. Reading here, sounds like the iPad version(s?) aren't worth much anyway. Only thought the touch screen via iPad might render more realistic learning.

So, got the Windows version installed, in spite of the Larry Lightbulb "version" selection rat's maze. I have LOTS of 430/530 time - this is my first hands-on the 355. And. . .It's a cartoon! I'm kinda taken aback - it looks like emoji soup crossed with a kid's "Speak and Spell."

I'm stuck with it, though, so will press on. Gad.

Garmin trainer goat rope - three options for the iPad; only one (obscurely) reveals which devices are covered - that choice does NOT include the 355. Reading here, sounds like the iPad version(s?) aren't worth much anyway. Only thought the touch screen via iPad might render more realistic learning.

So, got the Windows version installed, in spite of the Larry Lightbulb "version" selection rat's maze. I have LOTS of 430/530 time - this is my first hands-on the 355. And. . .It's a cartoon! I'm kinda taken aback - it looks like emoji soup crossed with a kid's "Speak and Spell."

I'm stuck with it, though, so will press on. Gad.
Are you referring to the free iPad version?
The emphasis with the Garmin 3xx series trainer is the GPS, but also provides for the COM and the ADSB operation. The GPS trainer does support all 3 versions.

Back