GMX200 Navdata card

alaskan9974

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
alaskan9974
Goofed up when updating my gmx200 data, lost the card.

Does Garmin still make a replacement or is there a stock file I can copy onto another SD card out there?

If anyone searches in the future for a lost or replacement gmx200 navdata card, it just has to be a legacy SD card under 2gb, can't be larger then 2gb or a SDHC card. It has to have a system.cfg file, can be blank with navdata downloaded and installed to it from jeppesen and data from garmin if safetaxi is enabled.

It can't be blank. The GMX200 card has the system software on it as well, essentially a stripped down version of Windows NT 4 and the actual program that is the display.

It can't be blank. The GMX200 card has the system software on it as well, essentially a stripped down version of Windows NT 4 and the actual program that is the display.

Correct, the card likely cannot be blank, didn't try it, but I found the box will load as long as there is a system.txt file on the SD card, which the file itself can be blank.

Using a legacy SD card 2gb or smaller, download the navdata from Jeppsen and the safetaxi/flitecharts if applicable from Garmin and install it to the SD card.

Create a wordpad file on the sd card named system, it can be saved as in wordpad with the save as name "system.txt" (include parentheses to ensure it saves as .txt)

Once done with the database installs and creation of the system file, you should see a folder on the card called database that has two subfolders, aviation and obstacles.

If you have safetaxi and flitecharts you will see files for those also on your new sd card if it transferred to it correctly from Jepp and Garmin.

Back