GMail adds Calendar support!

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
The one thing Outlook had that I miss using Gmail is a calendar. Now they have that, fully integrated with Gmail. Check it out! You can use it to store your appointments, anniversaries and such that we used to put in Outlook:

www.google.com/calendar

Just sign in with your Gmail id, set your time zone, then go through the "how to use it" guide:

http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/tour.html

You can even share calendars with family/friends if you choose, so you can better interface with their activities.

I just realized it will let you create a "public calendar", and add multiple people (by email address) as users who can make changes to events... this might be a great, FREE way to create a club aircraft scheduler.

Love the Google calendar... and, it can import your events from existing calendars so that you don't have to type them in again!
________
MAZDA PICTURE

Last edited:
I am still using outlook due to corporate mandate but one thing I just started doing was with my cell phone. I got a copy of Motorola's mobile phone tools and synch the outlook calendar to my phone. So I get my reminders and stuff on that. I stopped carrying my PDA with me now. Very cool!!!

Very cool. Thanks for the post. I love gmail, and it keeps getting better and better.

Back