GMAC Driver's Test

Your score was: 100%

I'm a bit surprised too. On a couple of them I didn't know the answer "cold" but had to pick from the one that sounded most logically correct. :redface:

How about all those folks with the ultra-high, ultra-bright low beams?

Can we shoot their lights out?

For them I mount behind the grill the "Kill-O-Zap Instant Disintigrator Ray" powered by the Q-48 space modulator. Those damn zenon lights should be illegal.

Or what about those truck drivers who ride your bumper on a two lane no-pass highway when you're already doing 10 over the limit? ;)

Or what about those truck drivers who ride your bumper on a two lane no-pass highway when you're already doing 10 over the limit? ;)

If it's downhill, either pull over so they don't smoke their brakes or go 15 over. :D

As far as safer, I do have a lead foot. Most who drive for a living do... unless you have a safety department who watches you on a GPS monitor!

Or a vehicle that's governed. :(

That's why hand-held cell phones while driving ticks me off so much. Those people are in tunnel vision mode without a clue what's happening around them. Yesterday, some were doing so while driving in the storm with no headlights. That sort of blows the haywire out of the concept of "see and be seen" pilots live by.

Amen to that. I'm used to people being @$$holes, but sometimes the sheer stupidity boggles the mind... Until I see them holding a phone up to their face, completely oblivious to the fact that they almost killed themselves a couple of seconds before. :no:

Shoot them too! :yes:

There's a lot of things that trucks do that are done for a reason that probably annoy you "four-wheelers" but then there are some who are just jerks doing things that are completely inexcusable. Riding someone's bumper for an extended length of time to try to intimidate them to go faster or get out of your way is one of them, especially on a 2-lane road higher than the speed limit.

Then again, if it was a 4-lane road... Get the hell out of the way! ;) J/K... As long as you're doing the speed limit at least, and not sitting in the left lane forever... Go ahead and shoot that guy behind you.

When some mega testosterone pick em up truck behind me has those shooting into my mirrors at a stop light I carefully adjust my mirrors to reflect the beam right back into the driver's eyes.

95% and I'm not about to start talking about my driving record or anything related to it :no:

OK, got a 100% on that one. But, like Bill, I told it what it wanted to heard. That, and there were no ADF questions. :D

Yeah, "Your score was: 100%" Have to say, though, that it wasn't very hard. I had to take the IL written exam at renewal last time, and it was about 60 questions. I missed one there. :) (Teach me to actually read the question carefully!)

:)
7. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction: (Select one)
a. Until at least two vehicles have passed
b. Until dangerously close cars have passed
c. Until all of the cars have passed

They claim the right answer is "c"- what a load of crap.

In most any urban area, that approach would preclude ever completing a left turn, except in the deep of the night.

Maybe they should have said "In a perfect world..." :)
It should have a (d.) Until sufficient space between on-coming traffic allows a safe transition across the lanes of traffic at a normal safe speed. But that still isn't what really happens.

I got a 100%.

100%. I've got a good driving record, I got one speeding ticket in my teens clocking over 140 mph in the 1967 Cougar that my dad (a former race car driver) and I built. The trooper's testimony - that the car was safe at that speed and that I had it under control - turned what would have been a license revocation into a $330 ticket and costs (big money in 1983 for a sixteen year old), and a requirement to be incident-free for a year.

Fastest I've ever driven was somewhere over 170 mph in a 959 that my agency had seized - we outfitted it with radio, concealed lights, and siren, and it was eventually turned over to a state agency as a D.A.R.E demo vehicle.

Back