gluable fungicide for wooden ribs

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Is there a fungicide to kill/prevent mold on wooden wingribs exposed to moisture on a regular basis (as in a seaplane) that will still allow good adhesion between the ribcaps and overlying fabric?

Is there a fungicide to kill/prevent mold on wooden wingribs exposed to moisture on a regular basis (as in a seaplane) that will still allow good adhesion between the ribcaps and overlying fabric?

You need to talk to the stewart brothers as to what they reccomend for their system glues.

You need to talk to the stewart brothers as to what they reccomend for their system glues.

I'm also interested in traditional fungicides for other parts of the woodribs that aren't glued to fabric. Still waiting on Stewart Brother's info.

Why not coat the wood after it's assembled in an epoxy coating? That would seal the wood. I'd rather not have water enter the wood in the first place.

I'm also interested in traditional fungicides for other parts of the woodribs that aren't glued to fabric. Still waiting on Stewart Brother's info.

Should be able to use Cuprinol, I've never had any bonding problems treating wood with it first.

Why not coat the wood after it's assembled in an epoxy coating? That would seal the wood. I'd rather not have water enter the wood in the first place.

Problem is, that epoxy is not impermiable to water, and changes in altitude can pull moisture, fresh water moisture, through it and into the wood where it can then feed any fungus spores that may have been sealed into the wood and create a delamination problem.

Back